Red Sea ReefRun Skimmer Feed Mode

brainreefspine

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 22, 2023
Messages
65
Reaction score
26
Location
Florida
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,
When I turn feed mode on in my Red Sea app, the water level in the sump rises substantially (as expected). When I turn off feed mode, the skimmer immediately turns on when the return pump does, before the sump level drops. The skimmer overflows and dumps a bunch of really watery skimmate.

I cant find the setting to delay the skimmer restart when feed mode ends. I see it for maintenance and emergency mode, but not feed mode.

Did the setting go missing in the latest update? Does anyone know how to set this up? Screen shot of settings attached

IMG_7819.png
 
Are you running the new Red Sea DC skimmer in conjunction?
Yup. I figured out the answer. You have to set the feed time for the circulation pump to 30 minutes and the feed time for the skimmer pump to 35 minutes. not very intuitive because you have to go into the options for each device individually
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 10.5%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 4 21.1%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 15.8%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new