OP
sprungson

sprungson

Anemone Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
More progress today. Stand is built and ready for tank!
20210721_150213.jpg

20210721_184114.jpg

@bdouglas119 you're a god! This took me 8 hours compared to your 2 hours. Btw I got so confused some areas where they had typos. The user manual referenced wrong bar, plus had wrong number screwed required. It was also so confusing when we had an option for HB or HW bar. I was trying to figure out how to combine it for like 30 min!

bdouglas119

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
More progress today. Stand is built and ready for tank!
20210721_150213.jpg

20210721_184114.jpg

@bdouglas119 you're a god! This took me 8 hours compared to your 2 hours. Btw I got so confused some areas where they had typos. The user manual referenced wrong bar, plus had wrong number screwed required. It was also so confusing when we had an option for HB or HW bar. I was trying to figure out how to combine it for like 30 min!
haha yea i had a couple parts I needed to take off and switch bc the instructions are not great. But it is no easy task getting it all together.

Pico bam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I moved over all my livestock on Sunday. All seem to be doing good. :)
20210727_105945.jpg
That's awesome! I always wanted a nice carpet anemone, figured I should try to keep my bta's alive first. In your opinion are they difficult to keep? I've had some mini Max's but they ate my fish so they were moved to the sump and traded. They weren't difficult just annoying.

OP
OP
sprungson

sprungson

Anemone Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's awesome! I always wanted a nice carpet anemone, figured I should try to keep my bta's alive first. In your opinion are they difficult to keep? I've had some mini Max's but they ate my fish so they were moved to the sump and traded. They weren't difficult just annoying.
Yeah I think carpets can be difficult:
-can clog your overflow and cause a flood. Only happened once to me on a 25G thank God
-they get big and do move around. Not a problem for me
-theyre prone to get sick and you have to get ready to treat them

In terms of level of difficulty to keep alive compared to bta, I would rank it like this.
Mertensii < bta< haddoni < gigantea

Pico bam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick Google search says the mertensii get huge! Even found a couple for sale, man thats tempting. Thanks for the info.

OP
OP
sprungson

sprungson

Anemone Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which one were you interested in? BTW most fishes seem to understand not to get close. I took orionNs advice in one of his threads to keep moonlight on. I do that in case a fish swims around at night.

Pico bam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which one were you interested in? BTW most fishes seem to understand not to get close. I took orionNs advice in one of his threads to keep moonlight on. I do that in case a fish swims around at night.
The mertensii I believe you have that down as the easiest to care for. I'm not gonna run out and buy one by anymeans as I have a lot of changes coming in the near future to my tanks. But I have always wanted a nice big carpet nem ;). I should have plenty of room soon once the fish room is wired up and the tanks are bought. How long have you been keeping the carpet anemones?

Back