red sea seam bubble

  • Thread starter Thread starter mlivvy
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

mlivvy

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 16, 2009
Messages
814
Reaction score
340
Location
RI
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know all about red sea and will never buy a tank from them. Local reefer offered a trade for a 300 and the tank looked great. I inspected all the seams and honestly the tank looked new. Took it home and found some bubbles in the seams I didn't notice. Are these the bubbles that cause the issues??

IMG_0668.jpg
 
Yes it needs to be resealed before you put water in it. It may hold water for 3 months, 6 months, 1 year? It will fail though and it’s best not to set it up because you will always having that thought of what day it will start leaking
 
Are these the bubbles that cause the issues??
Yes, and the previous owner knew this, as it has a film of non-factory clear silicone over the interior of that black factory silicone seam!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new