Redsea max e260 AI Hydra 26's

OpenOcean33

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the reds max e 260 with two Ai hydra 26 lights AIO tank. Redsea recommends to max out all the settings for these lights. This sounds a little extreme to me and I am nervous this would fry my corals. Does anyone have any recommendations for settings or places i could find settings for this tank I have searched and searched with no avail.

Thank you all in advance!

mich2599

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah don’t recommend that. That will cook your corals in no time. This is my schedule on my twenty six. It is over a 24 inch deep 50 gal. around 10 inches above water line. Start out with low intensity to acclimate. It is a very powerful LED. Keep the whites below 50% of what you have your blues because the whites are what will fry your corals. I have my whites at 35% peak and the blues 100%. Also don’t go over 10% for red and greens as they promote algae.

73EFBF6E-5202-49C8-8C0D-726DF4CFC5B9.png

Mikedawg

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the reds max e 260 with two Ai hydra 26 lights AIO tank. Redsea recommends to max out all the settings for these lights. This sounds a little extreme to me and I am nervous this would fry my corals. Does anyone have any recommendations for settings or places i could find settings for this tank I have searched and searched with no avail.

Thank you all in advance!
I have same tank as you and like the David Saxby program for a mixed reef. You can find it on the Web and AI has a few programs on its website.

OP
OP
O

OpenOcean33

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah don’t recommend that. That will cook your corals in no time. This is my schedule on my twenty six. It is over a 24 inch deep 50 gal. around 10 inches above water line. Start out with low intensity to acclimate. It is a very powerful LED. Keep the whites below 50% of what you have your blues because the whites are what will fry your corals. I have my whites at 35% peak and the blues 100%. Also don’t go over 10% for red and greens as they promote algae.

73EFBF6E-5202-49C8-8C0D-726DF4CFC5B9.png
Awsome thank for the information. I'm clueless when I comes to lights. I think k right now I. Running 60uv 70 p 79 b 70 lb 2 g 2 r 18 c.w looks like I'm a little low and with not much variation just a 4 hour total ramp time. Thank for all this new Info.

OP
OP
O

OpenOcean33

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have same tank as you and like the David Saxby program for a mixed reef. You can find it on the Web and AI has a few programs on its website.
I've never seen this. I like it. It looks like his tank size is a bit different with 52s. But it has worked great for you? Did you make any adjustments

OP
OP
O

OpenOcean33

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
His hours are also 4 hours longer than mi e I would have to slowly increase from 8 to 12 hours or adjust his a bit. Great info thanks !!!

Mikedawg

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've never seen this. I like it. It looks like his tank size is a bit different with 52s. But it has worked great for you? Did you make any adjustments
None yet, about one month in and see good color on birdsnest and stylo at top of tank and also on scolys at bottom. Only a Joker candy cane didn't do to well, and it might not have anything to do with light settings.

OP
OP
O

OpenOcean33

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
None yet, about one month in and see good color on birdsnest and stylo at top of tank and also on scolys at bottom. Only a Joker candy cane didn't do to well, and it might not have anything to do with light settings.
I will definitely look into this and make some minor adjustments. Thanks, Ill post back with any updates, however i won't change it for a few weeks as i am currently fighting Dinoflagellates and i think changing the lighting to such long hours might mess with my progress.

Back