RedSea Nano Reefer Build

Gorgeous tank! I would love to see an Update! Thinking of adding a UV sterilizer to my tank but I have the Redsea desktop which is an AIO and I have 0 space in the back (lol)
A UV sterilizer may help but usually with tanks this small, stability is the key.
 
As for an update. I couldn’t figure out what was going on in the tank. I had spikes in nitrates and phosphates and fish were going missing. Turns out engineer gobies can go carnivorous on tank mates. The spikes caused some coral issues. I’m just now getting the tank back under control. Probably a year out before it looks like it did above.
 
As for an update. I couldn’t figure out what was going on in the tank. I had spikes in nitrates and phosphates and fish were going missing. Turns out engineer gobies can go carnivorous on tank mates. The spikes caused some coral issues. I’m just now getting the tank back under control. Probably a year out before it looks like it did above.

That's insane. I had no idea they could!
 
That's insane. I had no idea they could!
Yeah. I mean this ‘nano’ goby ended up being 10in in length. It is the last time I buy anything as a recommendation from a fish store. I tried to keep him fed but it would mess up the water parameters and then fish would go missing. Many lessons here.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 1 2.1%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 13 27.7%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 16 34.0%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 5 10.6%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 6.4%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 10.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 6.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new