Redsea ReefBeat and HomeAssistant

hazylogic

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just curious if anyone has gotten the ReefBeat interface working with Home Assistant? There’s an integration (maybe through HACS, do t remember) for Neptune. Would love to pull in the Redsea stuff as well. Wanted to see if there’s anything out there I’m missing before spending too much time hacking and reverse engineering how to get and control status outside the app.

theatrus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing I know of yet, as RedSea hasn't published anything resembling an API and no one has had the time to take apart the firmware or intercept the MQTT broker:

The dosers all appear to use an ESP8266/32. I suspect, after some reverse engineering the pinout, you could replace the firmware with ESPhome but that's a big lift.

Edit: reading the thread, there is at least status information on /dashboard when hitting the local HTTP server:

http://[ip]/dashboard

For me, this gives this (on a 2 head doser with one thing configured):

{"restore_settings":true,"is_active":false,"battery_level":"high","time_error":false,"bundled_heads":false,"heads":{"1":{"supplement":"KoralAmino","state":"on","auto_dosed_today":1.1,"manual_dosed_today":0,"doses_today":1,"daily_dose":9,"remaining_days":21,"stock_level":"high","recalibration_required":false,"missed_dose":{"missed_volume":0,"total_volume":0},"daily_doses":8},"2":{"supplement":"Setup head 2","state":"not-setup","auto_dosed_today":0,"manual_dosed_today":0,"doses_today":0,"daily_dose":0,"remaining_days":0,"stock_level":"off","recalibration_required":false,"missed_dose":{"missed_volume":0,"total_volume":0},"daily_doses":0}}}

Last edited:

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 139 43.0%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 113 35.0%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 50 15.5%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 5.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.5%
Back