Redsea ReefBeat and HomeAssistant

  • Thread starter Thread starter hazylogic
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

hazylogic

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 8, 2021
Messages
46
Reaction score
64
Location
Austin
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just curious if anyone has gotten the ReefBeat interface working with Home Assistant? There’s an integration (maybe through HACS, do t remember) for Neptune. Would love to pull in the Redsea stuff as well. Wanted to see if there’s anything out there I’m missing before spending too much time hacking and reverse engineering how to get and control status outside the app.
 
Nothing I know of yet, as RedSea hasn't published anything resembling an API and no one has had the time to take apart the firmware or intercept the MQTT broker:

https://community.home-assistant.io/t/red-sea-led-aquarium-lights/455008
The dosers all appear to use an ESP8266/32. I suspect, after some reverse engineering the pinout, you could replace the firmware with ESPhome but that's a big lift.

Edit: reading the thread, there is at least status information on /dashboard when hitting the local HTTP server:

http://[ip]/dashboard

For me, this gives this (on a 2 head doser with one thing configured):

{"restore_settings":true,"is_active":false,"battery_level":"high","time_error":false,"bundled_heads":false,"heads":{"1":{"supplement":"KoralAmino","state":"on","auto_dosed_today":1.1,"manual_dosed_today":0,"doses_today":1,"daily_dose":9,"remaining_days":21,"stock_level":"high","recalibration_required":false,"missed_dose":{"missed_volume":0,"total_volume":0},"daily_doses":8},"2":{"supplement":"Setup head 2","state":"not-setup","auto_dosed_today":0,"manual_dosed_today":0,"doses_today":0,"daily_dose":0,"remaining_days":0,"stock_level":"off","recalibration_required":false,"missed_dose":{"missed_volume":0,"total_volume":0},"daily_doses":0}}}
 
Last edited:
Just curious if anyone has gotten the ReefBeat interface working with Home Assistant? There’s an integration (maybe through HACS, do t remember) for Neptune. Would love to pull in the Redsea stuff as well. Wanted to see if there’s anything out there I’m missing before spending too much time hacking and reverse engineering how to get and control status outside the app.
https://community.home-assistant.io/t/red-sea-led-aquarium-lights/455008/45Take a look there is some progress
 
Hello. Looks like there has been active discussion and production on hobbyist development of to monitor and control of the new Rea Sea controller and devices. I use a HACSs home assistant integration to monitor APEX sensors and control switches. Does the recent similar integration do the same for Red Sea controller!

Also, is it true it relies solely on WiFi and no network port. That is worrisome
 
Last edited:
Hello. Looks like there has been active discussion and production on hobbyist development of to monitor and control of the new Rea Sea controller and devices. I use a HACSs home assistant integration to monitor APEX sensors and control switches. Does the recent similar integration do the same for Red Sea controller!

Also, is it true it relies solely on WiFi and no network port. That is worrisome
Hi. All redsea devices, included new RSCONTROL & RSPOWER, are supported by the integration ha-reefbeat-device which is available in HACS.the companion card ha-reef-card (in hacs too) also includes all redsea devices except reefled (work in progress) and reefwave (next to be impemented).
more info here https://elwinmage.github.io/reeftank/
 
Last edited:
Hello, I am currently coding the ReefLED component for the ha-reef-card and need someone who owns a G2 RSLED 60, 115, or 170. Could someone send me the output of:

http://<YOUR_LED_IP>/auto/1
http://<YOUR_LED_IP>/clouds/1
http://<YOUR_LED_IP>/preset_name/1
http://<YOUR_LED_IP>/dashboard

so that I can validate the G2 programming?
Thanks.
 
Checking to see if anyone has wired a 12v light or fan to the Reefcontrol 12v ports using DIY?
no, i've not found the correct connector for now, so i'm using the official 12v connector:
image

The problem is that on everything I find, the tightening thread is reversed relative to the type of male/female connector.
The only onle that seem's to be good is this one :https://fr.aliexpress.com/item/1005008648511224.html
but it's M16 and i think the redsea is M12
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new