Redsea Reefer 350 Build

Q_BoxReef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

We just moved into our new house and have a perfect spot for a larger tank in our new front room. In our old house we had a 100 gallon display and 2 Waterbox 20’s, however we had to sell the 100 gallon while we were between places.

For the new build we decided to go with the Redsea Reefer 350. The tank has a 73 gallon display and a total system volume of 91 gallons. I opted for this size tank due to it being a little more reasonable for water changes with my busy schedule.

Build List:

Tank: Redsea Reefer 350
Sump: Redsea V3
Return pump: Ecotech Vectra M2
Wave maker: Aquaillumination Nero 5 x2
Lighting: Radion XR15 G5 pro x2
Sand: Carribsea
Rock: Carribsea life rock

Currently I’m still trying to decide on a skimmer for the tank. I am looking at the Nyos skimmers and the Dalua Great White, I am up to recommendations also.

Eventually I want this tank to be sps dominant and I will get a T5 hybrid fixture to put the radions in.

I am excited to start this build and can’t wait to see where it goes. I got the tank in last night and set up. Over the next couple of days I will be getting the rest of the shipments in and hopefully will be able to start getting the tank cycled this weekend.

B3AB965F-14CB-424B-AC79-93A7571DFF8A.jpeg 2F9CD4DB-0E0C-46AA-99E6-317EE8A48E6C.jpeg

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It looks like you are off to a good start! It will be fun to watch this come together!

KellyCorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking awesome so far! Don’t rush your cycle - the longer you give it to cycle the less problems you will have later! I love the Red Sea tanks. What are you thinking for lights or did it come with the Red Sea 90s?

OP
OP
Q_BoxReef

Q_BoxReef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking awesome so far! Don’t rush your cycle - the longer you give it to cycle the less problems you will have later! I love the Red Sea tanks. What are you thinking for lights or did it come with the Red Sea 90s?
Thanks, yep I’m taking the cycle slow. It’s still going through it. And I went with 2 radion G5 xr15 pro’s. Eventually I’ll either get a third or mount them in a t-5 hybrid.

r98

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Used Marco cement to cement my aquascape. It comes apart in 3 different places that way it is easier to move. The rest of my supplies should be here today. Hopefully starting the cycle either tonight or tomorrow!

DD5D965B-5D20-4FE6-870A-DF1843E6ADBD.jpeg
Love your scape! Did you buy the life rock shapes?

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s what I ended up going with! I love it.
Enjoy your new toy! You’ll find that once you have it “dialed in” it retains that quite well whenever emptying the skimmer container.

I also run a pair of Nyos Torq reactors: a 1.0 body for Phosi-Ex and carbon and a 2.0 body for Zeo. Also very quiet and easy to maintain (not as elaborate as the skimmers, though).

OP
OP
Q_BoxReef

Q_BoxReef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
C91CF0D0-0055-47AB-B756-E566748883E8.jpeg

It has been a while since an update, my tank has been running now for almost 6 months. LPS corals have been doing well and I recently got a few tester sps and they seem to be fine. The tank is chugging along, I would like to see more coralline growth however. I have some on one of my power heads but I’d like to see it on the back wall.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.3%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 28 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.5%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 75 43.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%
Back