Redsea Reefer XXL 750- recommendations please!

Lnwaite

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 5, 2020
Messages
4
Reaction score
1
What state or country do you live in
Washington
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So we’ve decided to upgrade our 75gal petco special lps tank to a Redsea Reefer XXL 750 -a big change.

The tank is on its beastly way!

We’re looking for the best return pump and wavemakers that you guys can recommend. Also, while we’re lps heavy for now we’d love to move more into sps territory and I’m wondering if the 4 Redsea 90s with the tank will be adequate.
 
Welcome to R2R!!!

For a return Abyzz is the best but very pricey. assuming you looking for a submersible pump I have had good luck with reef octopus Varios return pumps.

for the wave makers i would look at MP40, adjustable Tunze and Gyre. They each have pros and cons but are solid pumps. I have had good experience with each of them.
 
Right now the only fish I have is a perky baby Volitans (~6”) and he may be an only fish for a while.

wonderful suggestions DC :-)
 
when I had my 750 now a 650P I went with 2x gyres
750 is a beautiful tank! what an upgrade :)

welcome to R2R BTW
Ty and yes it’s sort of a terrifying upgrade
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 28.1%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 21.9%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new