Redsea reefmat cade AIO

Slywenis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have a Cade 900s2, and thinking about getting a rollermat. Anyone here done an install with this tank? Doesn't have to be the reefmat. Just curious on the metric plumbing and fit.

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can’t help with the specific question but I can bump the thread to see if we can get you some attention

Coomer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a cade 1500 with an aquamaxx af-1 filter roller. All I had to do was remove the baffles and buy a pvc reducing coupling.

minorhero

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd be surprised if anyone has installed a reefmat since it has not been released yet. Supposed to come out in "spring 2022". Nothing more definite then that so far. It will however be pretty big. Even the 'small' one is supposed to be 8 inches across.

OP
OP
S

Slywenis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd be surprised if anyone has installed a reefmat since it has not been released yet. Supposed to come out in "spring 2022". Nothing more definite then that so far. It will however be pretty big. Even the 'small' one is supposed to be 8 inches across.
They are currently for sale online?

minorhero

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Must have switched dimensions! I swear they were already for sale when I posted this!

I figured not, and got a klir, which I have mixed feelings about, its been tricky to dial in.

BRS lists them but notes they are "not in stock". That might have thrown you off.

I think klir was one of the ones that has the problem where if the water in your sump rises (like the power went off or some such) it will keep dishing out floss till it uses the whole roll. If you have a controller you can limit the amount you allow it to run at any one time. Or such that I've seen elsewhere. I don't own one yet. I'm resigned to waiting for the red sea.

OP
OP
S

Slywenis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BRS lists them but notes they are "not in stock". That might have thrown you off.

I think klir was one of the ones that has the problem where if the water in your sump rises (like the power went off or some such) it will keep dishing out floss till it uses the whole roll. If you have a controller you can limit the amount you allow it to run at any one time. Or such that I've seen elsewhere. I don't own one yet. I'm resigned to waiting for the red sea.
Nah I swear cause I went as far and put the redsea in a cart and then stopped thinking i should see if it fits lol.

You're totally right, it does eat up a roll on a power outage. I had a 2 minute flicker the day I installed it. I've gone through 3 $20 rolls since I made this post and am frustrated.

I've been thinking about getting the neptune controller to do auto water changes and potentially light dosing.

minorhero

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nah I swear cause I went as far and put the redsea in a cart and then stopped thinking i should see if it fits lol.

You're totally right, it does eat up a roll on a power outage. I had a 2 minute flicker the day I installed it. I've gone through 3 $20 rolls since I made this post and am frustrated.

I've been thinking about getting the neptune controller to do auto water changes and potentially light dosing.
GAH, I'm sorry to hear that.

In looking into these things it seems like a common complaint.

Coomer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Totally just saw your name lol I was a November too when u serve?
2009 to 2013, then as a ctr for a while after. How about you?
You went with Klir? dang those rolls are expensive lol. The aquamaxx ones were like $14 each and I replace them every 2 months. I bought enough for a whole year just in case.

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

Slywenis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2009 to 2013, then as a ctr for a while after. How about you?
You went with Klir? dang those rolls are expensive lol. The aquamaxx ones were like $14 each and I replace them every 2 months. I bought enough for a whole year just in case.
dang son! I joined in 09! When were u at gflw?!? The klir is costly af! But I'm running a cade900 and have limited size options.

Coomer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
dang son! I joined in 09! When were u at gflw?!? The klir is costly af! But I'm running a cade900 and have limited size options.
I wouldn’t be surprised if we knew each other. I was in Goodfellow afb around March to nov? I want to jackson instead of leonardwood .
Are you part of the Cade Owner’s Group on Facebook?

I almost bought the Klir drop in, but the 1500 has 4 filter socks :/.
I think the Klir drop in is a great size for the 900 tbh. And you don’t have to rip out the sump baffles.

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

Slywenis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn’t be surprised if we knew each other. I was in Goodfellow afb around March to nov? I want to jackson instead of leonardwood .
Are you part of the Cade Owner’s Group on Facebook?

I almost bought the Klir drop in, but the 1500 has 4 filter socks :/.
I think the Klir drop in is a great size for the 900 tbh. And you don’t have to rip out the sump baffles.
Yeah you would've graduated a month after I got there or so, small internet lol.

Yeah the size it good. I had to rotate the downspout to move the valve out of the way, but it fits nicely. Still dialing it in it keeps eating through rolls lol

reefraz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just wanted to bump this thread.

have a cade 1800 and am quite keen to add a reef mat, just unsure if i need an additional plumbing parts or can i rely on whats in the box?

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 26 76.5%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 6 17.6%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 2.9%
Back