Redsea Reefmat operation

sweetLou03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone, just wondering on everyone’s experience with the Redsea Reefmat. I just started it up last night on my waterbox frag 105.4. The water looks nice clear however, I’m noticing food and waste make it around the filter roll and into the sump. It looks like the roll is not in contact with a wall of the actual reefmat and the uneaten food gets in the holes and out. Is the roller on right? Am I doing something wrong or is this normal? Also the mat isn’t rolling on it’s own so not sure why, I’ve followed everything step by step at least I thought so lol.. I manually roll it and it goes up fine. Any help is greatly appreciated!
IMG_2734.jpeg
IMG_2735.jpeg

harper

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like someone isn't set up correctly. The material should be against the wall. My guess the role is in backwards or not running under the little red roll dolly at the top feed side. Pic of higher up might help

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys! Got it figured out! Love this thing, definitely beats socks and makes everything super quiet
Ditch the media basket if you're using it; it clogs up and leads to increased fleece usage.

dschuffert

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am glad you figured it out. It looks like your return roll was spooling to the outside instead of the inside. i agree with others on the media basket, it is a good idea but quickly because the regular maintenance item as it slows the flow down and starts triggering the ReefMat to spool.

OP
OP
S

sweetLou03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am glad you figured it out. It looks like your return roll was spooling to the outside instead of the inside. i agree with others on the media basket, it is a good idea but quickly because the regular maintenance item as it slows the flow down and starts triggering the ReefMat to spool.
I have read that before, I didn’t put anything in, my original plan was for Chemipure but that would definitely clog up the flow. I’ll leave it empty! Thank you for the tip!

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 6.1%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 4.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 106 80.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.6%
Back