Redsea roller matt driving me crazy!

Notsolostfish

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 21, 2014
Messages
2,964
Reaction score
801
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My redsea roller matt i have it selected at 0.2-0.4, and its rolling more than what i have it set to, and it does it very randomly, its honesty very annoying. I have it set to 0.2-0.4 and it rolls like 0.8-1.0 and messes my water level. Why this behavior!
 
Mine used to do that. I set it to advance 4-4.2 inches at a time and now it just advances two to three times a day and it actually spends less of the roll than it used to.
The thing is. When u have the setting selected in the app. When the water level rises inside the roller matt chamber. It should only roll to the setting u selected it at. If it rolls more. Its not following the programming u have it set at
 
Yes, totally get that. Seems to be a motor issue. At least mine seemed to be. Once I changed it to a higher roll number the hiccup went away.
 
Just change the advance length and see if it works correctly. I originally had mine set to the shortest advance length thinking I would use less fleece but it used more and the motor had to run more often. I have mine set to 2.4-2.6" and it's worked perfectly for a year.
If the fact it is not advancing the set length bothers you reach out to support.
 
Just change the advance length and see if it works correctly. I originally had mine set to the shortest advance length thinking I would use less fleece but it used more and the motor had to run more often. I have mine set to 2.4-2.6" and it's worked perfectly for a year.
If the fact it is not advancing the set length bothers you reach out to support.
If like if its rolling to 0.4-0.6 im fine with it but its rolling more than that
 
If like if its rolling to 0.4-0.6 im fine with it but its rolling more than that
When it rolls so little it keeps going because advancing that little length doesn’t actually change how much water can get through since the surface area that comes in contact with the water doesn’t change enough to make a difference.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new