Redskins Aquarium Build

Redskin

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 3, 2021
Messages
14
Reaction score
34
Location
United States
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found a gently used Red Sea 350 for 8 fiddy. I brought it home and ordered the following
2- Finnex HDH 200 watt heaters. Redundancy
80 lbs. Carib Sea Alive Pink Fiji sand
Sicce Syncra Silent 4.0
Tropic Marin Sea Salt ATM 10851
I got 50 lbs Carib Sea Dry Live rock from my LFS
6 stage RO/DI system.
Various test kits and paraphanalia
First I cleaned it up real good with vinegar and water. Got evrything looking real good.
Then I set up the aquarium out side on my patio and let it run for a week just to test everything. All was good so I drained it in preperation to bring it inside the house.
In the mean time I've made my own unique rock structures and have them ready to put in the tank.

I've now mixed my saltwater and will transfer the aquarium inside the house this weekend. Will keep the thread updated.

Here's a pic of it running on the back porch.

IMG_2657.jpg
 
Very nice and keep the pictures coming!
 
UPDATE 11/08/21

1st Pic is pre-water
2nd Pic is water added
3rd pic after water cleared up with lights on.

No making fun of my rock art? LOL My son says that's the one thing you can't screw up.

I added some "bacteria in a can" and will let it cycle a week or 2 and then add a clown and a blue chromis.
I got a coralvue Icecap2K and it came with no directions and a link to an outdated video. So I need to get that figured out.

One question if you don't mind. The used tank didn't come with the filter socks. I bought 2 of the cups and put filter floss in them. Is this good, bad or indifferent? Should I use only the filter socks?
IMG_2696.jpg
IMG_2698.jpg
IMG_2702.jpg
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 11 32.4%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 17 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 8.8%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 32.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 16 47.1%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 9 26.5%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 14.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new