RedSpot Scorpionfish Emergency

ThatFishEnjoyer

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 9, 2023
Messages
16
Reaction score
7
Location
Fort Lauderdale
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Scorpionfish (I believe he's a Scorpaenodes Brasiliensi) has had what looked like a little fog in his eye for a little over a month, my lion had the same little bit of cloudiness and it disappeared on its own so I didn't think much of it. My params are perfect 8.2ph 0amm, 0nit, minimal nitrate. for the past couple days its been getting worse and worse. I've gone to multiple lfs and gotten no answers. I believe its a bacterial Infection but I could be wrong. In the tank I have a Volitan lion, Whitespotted Soapfish, Bluespot Puffer, and the redspot barb scorpion. Thankfully he's still devouring any and all food that I offer. Is there anything that I can try or do?


A couple days ago
a couple days ago.jpg

Yesterday
yesterday.jpg



This Morning
today.jpg




 
Last edited:
My Scorpionfish (I believe he's a Scorpaenodes Brasiliensi) has had what looked like a little fog in his eye for a little over a month, my lion had the same little bit of cloudiness and it disappeared on its own so I didn't think much of it. My params are perfect 8.2ph 0amm, 0nit, minimal nitrate. for the past couple days its been getting worse and worse. I've gone to multiple lfs and gotten no answers. I believe its a bacterial Infection but I could be wrong. In the tank I have a Volitan lion, Whitespotted Soapfish, Bluespot Puffer, and the redspot barb scorpion. Thankfully he's still devouring any and all food that I offer. Is there anything that I can try or do?


A couple days ago
a couple days ago.jpg

Yesterday
yesterday.jpg



This Morning
today.jpg




I suspect water quality. How are you testing these numbers? With both eyes infected, I suspect non-injury and either again water or bacterial with bacterial associated with water.
I encourage you to take a water sample to a store that does Not use API kits and see what readings they come up with
Treatment would be Maracyn with added aeration and maintaining good water quality.

1727800998551.png
 
I suspect water quality. How are you testing these numbers? With both eyes infected, I suspect non-injury and either again water or bacterial with bacterial associated with water.
I encourage you to take a water sample to a store that does Not use API kits and see what readings they come up with
Treatment would be Maracyn with added aeration and maintaining good water quality.

1727800998551.png
I used the api drops but i've heard that they arent that good. I'll look around and see if anyone does digital or better tests. Would you use Maracyn or Maracyn two? Thank you
 
I used the api drops but i've heard that they arent that good. I'll look around and see if anyone does digital or better tests. Would you use Maracyn or Maracyn two? Thank you
Maracyn as pictured and Yes, water test or salifert or hanna kit
 
My Scorpionfish (I believe he's a Scorpaenodes Brasiliensi) has had what looked like a little fog in his eye for a little over a month, my lion had the same little bit of cloudiness and it disappeared on its own so I didn't think much of it. My params are perfect 8.2ph 0amm, 0nit, minimal nitrate. for the past couple days its been getting worse and worse. I've gone to multiple lfs and gotten no answers. I believe its a bacterial Infection but I could be wrong. In the tank I have a Volitan lion, Whitespotted Soapfish, Bluespot Puffer, and the redspot barb scorpion. Thankfully he's still devouring any and all food that I offer. Is there anything that I can try or do?


A couple days ago
a couple days ago.jpg

Yesterday
yesterday.jpg



This Morning
today.jpg




Neobenedenia flukes are a common cause of this sort of bilateral eye cloudiness.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new