Reef Brite xho control for GHL profilux 4

Mgilger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, All,

I just installed a reefbrite xhos to my Phillips coralcare. I just purchased the reefbrite dual channel dimming module. I hooked up the dimming module to the Milb plug on the back of the profilux and thought I'd be able to go into illumination and control the lights. Well... That didn't work. One light is a full strength the other is at like 30% and nothing is responsive to the controller. I'm sure I connected it wrong and I'm wondering how others have connected the reef Brite xhos to their ghl controllers using the reefbrite dimmable driver? Thanks, Matt.

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can’t answer the specific question, but I can maybe bump the thread for you to see if we can get you some help

ingchr1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have the Apex module correct? You need to convert the Apex connector to connect to Profilux 0-10V. Here's how I did it:

Using a surface mount RJ45 box and RJ14 cable (has 4 wires) I connected to an L-Port as follows.

L-Port End - RJ45 End

Pin 2 - Pin 5 (L1 1-10V)
Pin 3 - Pin 2 (L2 Ground)
Pin 4 - NOT Connected, cut wire off and used for the ground jumper
Pin 5 - Pin 1 (L2 1-10V)

In the RJ45 jumper Pin 2 to Pin 6 for the L1 Ground. The L-Port has a common ground for both channels while the Apex connector has individual grounds for each channel.

On the L-Port end the pins are numbered 1 thru 6 left to right, tab down.

I made this connection for a Reef Brite Apex Dual Channel LED interface.

IMG_20200606_115857025.jpg

IMG_20200612_165107236.jpg

ingchr1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All though, I am now wondering what the pinout of the Mitras Lightbar connector on the Profilux is and the voltage. I would have to image its 0-10V. If so, you could use it. Would just need to know the pinout. But you would still need to convert that to match the Apex. As I imagine the pinouts are different.

OP
OP
M

Mgilger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have the Apex module correct? You need to convert the Apex connector to connect to Profilux 0-10V. Here's how I did it:
Awesome! So I'm assuming if I have a breakout box, all I'll need to do is cut of the Apex connector and wire as shown above and connect to an L-port? Easy enough. I was assuming this was the fix.

OP
OP
M

Mgilger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All though, I am now wondering what the pinout of the Mitras Lightbar connector on the Profilux is and the voltage. I would have to image its 0-10V. If so, you could use it. Would just need to know the pinout. But you would still need to convert that to match the Apex. As I imagine the pinouts are different.
That's an interesting thought as well.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 132 88.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 6.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%
Back