Reef central

Shaddow_wolf169

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay so I'm just going to rant a little bit I was on reef central and I posted a question w/ a picture over a hundred plus people seen it and no one even commented on the issue. How can that really be a community site if no one even help anybody. I have decided to stay away from reef central and stay with Reef2Reef as my only go to community site.
Anyone else have issues like this? It's been 2 days and no one answered my ?

Last edited:

Bj’s Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I learned that fact several months ago. Often when you get a response if you do. It's do a search for the answer. They don't have the time to help you. However they have time to tell you to do a search, and stop asking questions. If no one asked questions would there be a need for forums. I also like the build threads on reef 2 reef. I always seem to get good responses.

Triggreef

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most people on RC will only respond with do a search, or people are too afraid of getting flamed for whatever they say so they just don't answer. Too much drama over there. I barely go there anymore, its hard enough to find time to come onto r2r let alone 2 forums.

dealseer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay so I'm just going to rant a little bit I was on reef central and I posted a question w/ a picture over a hundred plus people seen it and no one even commented on the issue. How can that really be a community site if no one even help anybody. I have decided to stay away from reef central and stay with Reef2Reef as my only go to community site.
Anyone else have issues like this? It's been 2 days and no one answered my ?

What was the question you asked?

Donovan Joannes

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am maintaining a thread of my diy denitrator on that site to help anybody who need it. Most of the time a discussion will end up as an argument :D over that side.

Nebnano

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a similar experience with an other forum I had been on for a while. Won't say the name but it was dedicated to small reef tanks. I could never get but maybe one brief response to any questions I ever had. Never happened to me but saw others get told to "search" or Google things. Not super friendly. I've only been on reef2reef for a couple weeks and it is a million times better!!!!! So glad I found it!

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Folks, just a reminder that discussing another forum is perfectly fine, but please keep this part of the rules (https://www.reef2reef.com/help/terms) in mind as the discussion progresses:

* Participants agree not to bash or talk negatively about any other community forums or bulletin boards.

Thanks!

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Folks, just a reminder that discussing another forum is perfectly fine, but please keep this part of the rules (https://www.reef2reef.com/help/terms) in mind as the discussion progresses:

* Participants agree not to bash or talk negatively about any other community forums or bulletin boards.

Thanks!

Agreed. I still stop in there from time to time (over 2000+ posts) but Reef2reef is now my home. :)

Jim Harrison

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've spent quite some time browsing both communities. I've just recently started an account here (new to reefing) because reef2reef is the friendliest, most helpful community I've come across.

The knowledge here is outstanding! The community answers questions quickly, even though the majority of questions have probably already been answered in other threads.

I see no reason to look elsewhere for support and information.

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry if I said something wrong. I also drop by that forum from time to time as well.However Reef 2 Reef is where I feel most comfortable.

It's all good. The Rev has built this forum into a great place to come together and share. Great people with open minds and willing to help when needed.

RC is a wealth of knowledge and history that cannot be denied, for its strengths and short comings alike.

It's still a respectable forum, I just like Reef2reef better because of the openness and willingness of its members to contribute to the community, for the betterment of the hobby. Everyone here feels like family, though we may have different view points, just like the hobby, there are different ways to get the results needed without bashing or flaming.

Respect makes us rise above.

Happy reefing family!

chefjpaul

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's all good. The Rev has built this forum into a great place to come together and share. Great people with open minds and willing to help when needed.

RC is a wealth of knowledge and history that cannot be denied, for its strengths and short comings alike.

It's still a respectable forum, I just like Reef2reef better because of the openness and willingness of its members to contribute to the community, for the betterment of the hobby. Everyone here feels like family, though we may have different view points, just like the hobby, there are different ways to get the results needed without bashing or flaming.

Respect makes us rise above.

Happy reefing family!
Well said

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 37.9%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 13 22.4%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 11 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 20.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back