Reef central

Stolireef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As someone who has been on RC for about two decades, I can attest to the quality of the people and advice on that site. I'm relatively new to R2R but feel that it's pretty similar to RC. I've spent countless hours responding to newbie questions as have many others. At times there is simply no answer to a question. Other times, newbies invest considerable effort explaining why they refuse to take the advice provided (almost always has to do with either rushing or bad advice from an LFS). That said, for most newbies, after providing a pretty thorough answer to the questions posed, I make a point to urge review of the stickies at the top of the Newbie forum. I see many do the same here and it's probably the best advice you can give to a newbie.

Water Dog

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been a long time member of RC since 2003 under LQT. More recently, I've become members of both R2R (2016) and nano-reef (2012) under Water Dog. I enjoy and try to contribute to all of the forums I belong to. As with everything, each place has its strengths and weaknesses. I try to enjoy each one in its own unique way and make it a rule not to bash any of them for my own benefit as well as the benefit of those I interact with.

That being said, I do find the unmentionable R2R = clay boa thing over on RC pretty hilarious. :p

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was on there for many years but got tired of getting yelled at by the Mods for my opinions and watching everything I said because I seemed to have offended someone all the time. I also got these demerits or whatever they called them. I am almost 70 years old and an X Sargent. I don't do demerits well so I quit.

cvan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I signed up with Reef Central multiple times using different email addresses because the system won't let me do anything. Keep telling that I need to verify my emails...... I waited and waited, checked my junk, spam, all mail boxes but nothing... even email them multiple times with no results. I signed up here and everything was smooth... even was welcome by R2R members right the way within minutes... Glad I found R2R!

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was a long time member over there. RC used to be very much like R2R, considering 90% of the people from over there, moved to here.

Their member base is slowly declining to pretty much nothing, but the wealth of knowledge over there cannot be beat. Yes R2R also has a wealth of knowledge, but RC just has been around longer, and therefore has a better knowledge base going back many many years.

I moved over here for a couple reasons....

1) Much more friendlier environment
2) Way more active people over here
3) Mods aren't power hungry douch bags that need to show how big their epenis is at every turn of the page.
4) I got 1 week ban for calling a mod out on his power trip of showing how big his epenis was. This mod literally went through on my 1 week ban of deleting nearly every post I made on RC minus my build thread. Needless to say, said mod is no longer there either and I was apologized to, but the damage was already done.
5) even mentioning R2R changes to clay-boa. You have no idea how long I spent looking for this "clay-boa" site.

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've found most people from over there, are actually here under a different nick. If I was a betting man, I would bet that nearly 99% of their user base, is a member here also.

HJ99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Totally new to all this. I just googled reef tank forums and this was the first site that popped up. Sounds like I stumbled onto the best one by dumb luck. LOL

ShepherdReefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay so I'm just going to rant a little bit I was on reef central and I posted a question w/ a picture over a hundred plus people seen it and no one even commented on the issue. How can that really be a community site if no one even help anybody. I have decided to stay away from reef central and stay with Reef2Reef as my only go to community site.
Anyone else have issues like this? It's been 2 days and no one answered my ?

I understand. I have read and looked at many different articles...even the forums at R2R and did not answer. Partly because I did not have an answer. I know Reef Central has a lot of good information for any reef hobbyist. I am sorry that you have had that experience. What was your question you needed an answer to?

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Team
what is the reason reef central wont allow direct linking of rtr

what is the the actual beef am curious where the continental plate shifted between these giants. I remember posting at reef central as far back as 2009 and the blockade was still there, I think it sets the record for the harshest ban among 10,240 bans issued by reef central in the first quarter of just that fiscal year alone.

look how model of a site reef2reef turned out to be:

www.reefcentral.com

see how it’s an active link, to reef information not a problem.

Last edited:

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 35 29.9%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 31 26.5%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 26 22.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 24 20.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back