Reef Chemistry Puzzle #4

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Joined
Sep 5, 2014
Messages
91,612
Reaction score
96,703
Location
Massachusetts, United States
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last edited:
Urchin?

Forget it. That was a stupid answer. I’m
so bad at riddles.

My second answer is a human stomach.
 
Last edited:
Muriatic acid? That's HCl - how stupid of me.

I'm guessing it's an organism.
 
Last edited:
Coral. More specifically, the Symbiosome Lumen where Symbiodinium (zooxanthellae) are located.
My first thought was coral but the first hint is “when reefers use me” not sure you could qualify coral as something reefers use.
 
This is a hard one, a non-water soluble acidic, calcium absorbing medium.... kalkwasser? I have no clue
 
My first thought was coral but the first hint is “when reefers use me” not sure you could qualify coral as something reefers use.

As a hint, that is correct, I would not refer to keeping a coral as being used. :)

The answer is something reefers buy for a specific purpose other than simply looking at it/growing it. :)
 
As a hint, that is correct, I would not refer to keeping a coral as being used. :)

The answer is something reefers buy for a specific purpose other than simply looking at it/growing it. :)
Darn. I thought my recent research into corals in acidic environments was paying off ;)
 
CO2 tank?
 
At this point I will say that one of the incorrect answers someone gave is typically located physically close (0-2 feet) to the answer I intended. :)
 
Ohhhh. Di Resin! Cation Di resin!!


Cation DI resin is negatively charged. Loves positive ions like Ca++ and hates Cl-.


And needs an acid like HCl with a pH of 1 to recharge it.


:beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:
 
Sadly, no. lol
Better luck next time...

Also, can I have 10 seconds of your time

What does this read?

(this is after me dosing 3 ml daily btw)
20231117_214312.jpg
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 17.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new