• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Reef cleaner struggle need help

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

Graemesreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ugh, just placed an order today, wish I had read this in time.
Dont lose any sleep it will probably be fine. I read several good things is why I tried em but its a heck no from here on out mostly because of the customer service after the fact. Maybe he'll tighten up a little after reading these reviews. I'm just glad this was brought to the surface sometimes people need a wake up call.

reefcleaners

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Yeah I'm not sure whats up with the place? Our last order was half dead and it was a big order. I was asked to send pics which I did and was met with nothing but sarcasm. His next response was for me to pay to have the "already dead" critters sent back to him for a refund. I'm not in the business of sending dead wet critters to people. Oh and here's the kicker reef cleaners is only 500 miles from me and in the same state. I can drive there in 6 .5 hours doing the speed limit, whats up with that?
Can you send me your name so I can look into this?

reefcleaners

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
This is a joke, right? John, I sent you pictures as well as a detailed description of the snails' behavior and your reply was extremely rude. This was several years ago and I'm not inclined to rehash the details here, but suffice it to say, you were completely convinced you had done no wrong and refused to entertain my concerns.
No, I am serious. This order was several years ago, and if it is still bothering you I would like to look into how we handled it.

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, I am serious. This order was several years ago, and if it is still bothering you I would like to look into how we handled it.
Thanks but no thanks. I got the same type of response from you when my chaeto order came infested with flatworms. You had a chance to work with me (twice) and chose to be a jerk.
I suggest you work on your customer relationships going forward as I won't be a returning customer regardless.

Graemesreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks but no thanks. I got the same type of response from you when my chaeto order came infested with flatworms. You had a chance to work with me (twice) and chose to be a jerk.
I suggest you work on your customer relationships going forward as I won't be a returning customer regardless.
You go girl! I'm in the same boat, are you really gonna be nice now guy? What happened before when I really needed them? You pretty much said tuff ****.

reefcleaners

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I can't see what we did wrong unless I can look up an order. I can't see if we shipped a pest unless we have a picture. I understand it has been awhile, but this is a fresh thread. Please give me the chance to look into it.

Graemesreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't see what we did wrong unless I can look up an order. I can't see if we shipped a pest unless we have a picture. I understand it has been awhile, but this is a fresh thread. Please give me the chance to look into it.
How about i post our emails, maybe that will jog your memory?

reefcleaners

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Hi I was able to find it,

Sorry you felt I was rude, I don't think we sent a batch of whelks instead of Nassarius. I was able to find your order from 2017, and the replies we had. My reply to you was:

"Sorry to hear that, we do not carry whelks. I am familiar with the difference, we only have Nassarius in stock here."

I didn't mean that to be rude, I meant that to be factual. I thought you were asking, rather than claiming we sent the wrong species. Whelks cover a large number of species, in the hobby that it is usually a reference to any number of Buccinidae species. They live in areas different than where we collect Nassarius, it is very unlikely they could get in by accident, and more than one would have very low chances. They are not easy to collect in large numbers because these species prey on each other as well, and tend to be spread out. If you have a picture of the snails we sent still (probably not it was 4 years ago) I can ID it for you. I am confident we can correctly identify the snails we sell. You can usually tell a Buccindae species apart from a Nassarius by looking at the front of the snail, whelks have tapered siphonal canal, Nassarius are rounded and tear drop shaped.

I didn't see an email regarding pests in macroalgae in our email chain, but if you can find it I will look into it ASAP.

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi I was able to find it,

Sorry you felt I was rude, I don't think we sent a batch of whelks instead of Nassarius. I was able to find your order from 2017, and the replies we had. My reply to you was:

"Sorry to hear that, we do not carry whelks. I am familiar with the difference, we only have Nassarius in stock here."

I didn't mean that to be rude, I meant that to be factual. I thought you were asking, rather than claiming we sent the wrong species. Whelks cover a large number of species, in the hobby that it is usually a reference to any number of Buccinidae species. They live in areas different than where we collect Nassarius, it is very unlikely they could get in by accident, and more than one would have very low chances. They are not easy to collect in large numbers because these species prey on each other as well, and tend to be spread out. If you have a picture of the snails we sent still (probably not it was 4 years ago) I can ID it for you. I am confident we can correctly identify the snails we sell. You can usually tell a Buccindae species apart from a Nassarius by looking at the front of the snail, whelks have tapered siphonal canal, Nassarius are rounded and tear drop shaped.

I didn't see an email regarding pests in macroalgae in our email chain, but if you can find it I will look into it ASAP.
Um, no, that's not the correct info. But it sounds like you've had multiple people receiving whelks...

Graemesreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sure if you would like, please post all of them though.
Wouldn't it just be easier to say " my apologies our shipment didn't meet your standards" we value you as a customer and will do everything in our power to make it right for you. We once again apologize for any inconvenience and look forward to helping you have the cleanest reef in the future. BUT NO your still sitting here arguing. EXACTLY THE POINT OF THIS THREAD!

Graemesreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the Karma club! What goes around comes around. And I will post our emails "all of them" as requested by a

mehaffydr

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had Good experiences ordering from Reefcleaners over the years and have always thought John to be a stand up guy. I only had 1 time with dead snails and it was because I took the free shipping and the weather changed and got hot. From then on I always ordered with UPS overnight and never any issues.
I will continue to order from Reef cleaners

Graemesreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A lot of vitriol in this thread… I just wanted to say I’ve made several orders with reefcleaners and never had any issues. I’ll gladly order from them again.
I think its clear this thread isn't about your good times with the company but folks who feel they have been mistreated by the company.

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.7%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.4%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 23.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back