• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Reef cleaner struggle need help

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

Jordan92595

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys. I’ve been using reef cleaners for a while now. Love John and he’s been good to me but I’m just having non stop problems with shipping. First couple orders I used usps and always nearly half my order was dead. John did refund me for what I claimed was dead though didnt want to be a pain and I didn’t include everything until now I’m using ups paying $45 for overnight delivery and I’m still having problems with my deliveries. My last order was ups delivered and i had a bunch dead.
1 Halloween urchin
1 blue tuxedo urchin
1 decorator crab
1 pitho crab
30 different types of snails
ALL DEAD WITH OVERNIGHT
urchin barely had water in the bag was half out my frustration is my order was placed all around my sea urchins . That’s why I ordered it and I don’t want my money back I just want what I ordered. Lol but he won’t resend anything just money back and expects me to pay shipping again for the main things I placed the order for which is definitely frustrating. I live in Massachusetts and besides osa aquarium I don’t really have cool fish stores that carry a variety so online has been my options. But wasting money on deliveries that don’t work out isn’t working for me

I’m wondering if anyone else has this problem and if they have had any luck anywhere else ? I’d like to continue with reef cleaners but I can never get anything alive .
P.s I wait home for the shipment to arrive it does not stay outside for any time at all and i acclimate everything slow drip for 2 hours with circulation

Breadman03

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't order often, but my last three deliveries were like that. I like the variety he has to offer, but It's just not worth it for me anymore.

OP
OP
J

Jordan92595

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't order often, but my last three deliveries were like that. I like the variety he has to offer, but It's just not worth it for me anymore.
I just want my order alive man lol have you ordered anywhere else with any luck ?

Reefer Matt

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have ordered 150 astrea snails and hermits twice, everything lived. Until the hermits ate some snails. I pay for the ups shipping, and get the box the second it lands on the porch.

fish farmer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys. I’ve been using reef cleaners for a while now. Love John and he’s been good to me but I’m just having non stop problems with shipping. First couple orders I used usps and always nearly half my order was dead. John did refund me for what I claimed was dead though didnt want to be a pain and I didn’t include everything until now I’m using ups paying $45 for overnight delivery and I’m still having problems with my deliveries. My last order was ups delivered and i had a bunch dead.
1 Halloween urchin
1 blue tuxedo urchin
1 decorator crab
1 pitho crab
30 different types of snails
ALL DEAD WITH OVERNIGHT
urchin barely had water in the bag was half out my frustration is my order was placed all around my sea urchins . That’s why I ordered it and I don’t want my money back I just want what I ordered. Lol but he won’t resend anything just money back and expects me to pay shipping again for the main things I placed the order for which is definitely frustrating. I live in Massachusetts and besides osa aquarium I don’t really have cool fish stores that carry a variety so online has been my options. But wasting money on deliveries that don’t work out isn’t working for me

I’m wondering if anyone else has this problem and if they have had any luck anywhere else ? I’d like to continue with reef cleaners but I can never get anything alive .
P.s I wait home for the shipment to arrive it does not stay outside for any time at all and i acclimate everything slow drip for 2 hours with circulation
I live in Vermont so I've had similar issues with priority...it can take four days. I usually wait to get things overnighted either spring or fall when our high temps are 60's. Florida may be 70's and 80's that time as well.

OP
OP
J

Jordan92595

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have ordered 150 astrea snails and hermits twice, everything lived. Until the hermits ate some snails. I pay for the ups shipping, and get the box the second it lands on the porch.
I don’t usually have problems with snails but my crabs and urchins neveerrrrrrr live and that’s the items I pay shipping for everything else can be sent free but what I have to pay for always dies ? It’s crazy

robo_reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same. My last order was delayed by a few days over the weekend and most of it arrived dead. I got a refund but still.

They probably have huge volume and we are just describing isolated incidents. I know a lot of other people who have been happy with them.

Topekoms

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got an order from them this week only lost 1 emerald crab. Been using them for years always refund losses with no issues. I won't use anyone else. It is the hotter time of the year which plays a part in losses I agree with the other comment wait till fall for the more sensitive animals.

Granted yes I am now in Florida myself but lived the last 10yrs in Dayton Ohio and only used reefcleaners last order was in Feb of this year while in Ohio and no issues.

OP
OP
J

Jordan92595

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same. My last order was delayed by a few days over the weekend and most of it arrived dead. I got a refund but still.

They probably have huge volume and we are just describing isolated incidents. I know a lot of other people who have been happy with them.
I ordereb my overnight Thursday didn’t even ship till Tuesday 6pm

OP
OP
J

Jordan92595

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got an order from them this week only lost 1 emerald crab. Been using them for years always refund losses with no issues. I won't use anyone else. It is the hotter time of the year which plays a part in losses I agree with the other comment wait till fall for the more sensitive animals.

Granted yes I am now in Florida myself but lived the last 10yrs in Dayton Ohio and only used reefcleaners last order was in Feb of this year while in Ohio and no issues.
I know and I get what they go through to but maybe improve your shipping techniques if your having a lot of losses because it’s one not fair to the animal and two now im refunded my money but now have to order again and pay for shipping to hope it’s not dead again. And when it is dead am I suppose to order it again ?!?! Pay shipping 3 times costing an extra $135 id rather pay a little more if they came in alive

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know I'm in the minority but I have never had good luck with reef cleaners. From sending whelks instead of nassarius vibex, to macro infested with flatworms, to most snails dying within a week, I won't ever order from them again.

reefcleaners

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Sorry for the issues. If you have had losses with both Priority and UPS and you are able to receive the packages at arrival you may be in an area we cannot reliably get packages too. What is your name? I will look up the order and see if it got late UPS or late in the day UPS.

reefcleaners

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I know I'm in the minority but I have never had good luck with reef cleaners. From sending whelks instead of nassarius vibex, to macro infested with flatworms, to most snails dying within a week, I won't ever order from them again.
Sorry you feel that way, do you have pictures of them by any chance? I am good at identifying snails, I don't think we have sold any whelks even accidently. Maybe I can ID the snail for you.

reefcleaners

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I know and I get what they go through to but maybe improve your shipping techniques if your having a lot of losses because it’s one not fair to the animal and two now im refunded my money but now have to order again and pay for shipping to hope it’s not dead again. And when it is dead am I suppose to order it again ?!?! Pay shipping 3 times costing an extra $135 id rather pay a little more if they came in alive
Can you email me about the order, so I can check if we should owe you an additional refund? I would wait on another order until we figure out what the cause of the losses are.

Last edited:

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry you feel that way, do you have pictures of them by any chance? I am good at identifying snails, I don't think we have sold any whelks even accidently. Maybe I can ID the snail for you.
This is a joke, right? John, I sent you pictures as well as a detailed description of the snails' behavior and your reply was extremely rude. This was several years ago and I'm not inclined to rehash the details here, but suffice it to say, you were completely convinced you had done no wrong and refused to entertain my concerns.

Graemesreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I'm not sure whats up with the place? Our last order was half dead and it was a big order. I was asked to send pics which I did and was met with nothing but sarcasm. His next response was for me to pay to have the "already dead" critters sent back to him for a refund. I'm not in the business of sending dead wet critters to people. Oh and here's the kicker reef cleaners is only 500 miles from me and in the same state. I can drive there in 6 .5 hours doing the speed limit, whats up with that?

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Stuck to your aquarium: Do you put reef-related stickers on or around your reef system?

• I have reef-related stickers everywhere!

Votes: 5 2.9%
  • I have some reef-related stickers on or around my reef system.

Votes: 51 29.1%
  • I have some reef-related stickers, but not on my reef system.

Votes: 37 21.1%
  • I don’t have reef-related stickers, but I am interested in getting some.

Votes: 20 11.4%
  • I have no interest in reef-related stickers.

Votes: 60 34.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.1%
Back