Reef Club Affiliation Banners

CastAway

Prone to wander, never lost.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any plan to bring them back, or version thereof?

OP
OP
CastAway

CastAway

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nope, I don't. I'm probably confusing the matter. See the image. I'm talking about the little banner that used to appear in post with my avatar.
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1438195886.499776.jpg

I see banners for "Reef Squad", "R2R Supporter" and various other things, but in my own case nothing for VRJ. Nor, have I noticed any banner for any other clubs for other users.

OP
OP
CastAway

CastAway

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@evolved, perhaps you could pm a sample user name, so I can see what club affiliation insignia you're referring to?

OP
OP
CastAway

CastAway

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah ha! I see that now.
So I suppose the question is not "is there a plan to bring them back", but how can I make sure my club members have them?

Is there some automated way for R2R to discern my members, or, must I provide a list?
I notice my fellow Tenneesseans in ETRC and MTRC do not have their respective insignias either.....

OP
OP
CastAway

CastAway

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It can be automated to those in the group.
I'm not sure what that means. I'm in a "group"; the Volunteer Reef Junkies. I moderate our private forum. Are you saying I have a tool to designate members such that they have a VRJ banner, similar to how the CTARS members have a banner? What exactly do I need to do?

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry, I was glossing over a lot of backend tech there.
Those which have access to your private forum are effectively in a "group".

Therefore there can be a banner associated to anyone in that "group".

You don't have the means to do this, but rev does.

OP
OP
CastAway

CastAway

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ahhh, So @revhtree, can you please enable a banner for the members of the Volunteer Reef Junkies user group? As it was prior to the site upgrade, we'd like to see the banner displayed for all our members.

I have never been able to see a list of all members in that group however, and there has been "strangers" in our private forum since the site upgrade that we have worked with R2R to remove, so if we could vet the list first that might be prudent. Our club currently has 37 members only. I can provide a list of R2R user names if need be.

How would I remove a user from the group if need be?

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have added the banner. The user group leader(s) is able to remove any members that should not be in the group.

Shep

Acan Connoisseur
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ahhh, So @revhtree, can you please enable a banner for the members of the Volunteer Reef Junkies user group? As it was prior to the site upgrade, we'd like to see the banner displayed for all our members.

I have never been able to see a list of all members in that group however, and there has been "strangers" in our private forum since the site upgrade that we have worked with R2R to remove, so if we could vet the list first that might be prudent. Our club currently has 37 members only. I can provide a list of R2R user names if need be.

How would I remove a user from the group if need be?
I think the problem with the strangers is that selling threads for private groups show up on the home page and non-group members can see and comment on it.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 22.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 58 33.9%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 54 31.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.3%
Back