Reef Club meeting

GCamp13

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does NARC plan on having a meeting anytime soon? I have really gotten interested in my tank again and it is starting to look good again. I have picked up some really nice frags from Jason/Tammy and a few online. I've got to say, if you have not been to see Jason/Tammy you are missing out. They work hard keeping their tanks top notch and filled with nice coral at a very good price and are very knowledge and friendly.

I really miss attending the meetings, always learned something new at every one and enjoyed seeing other reefers set ups. I have a 75 gallon tank and mainly growing soft corals with a Nice Duncan, a couple of heads of Frogspawn and some Acan Frags. A few things that I'm interested in adding include some Kenya tree or Colt type coral, Anthellia, Toadstool, Mushrooms, Ricordeas/Yumas, Chili Coral, Zoas, GSP or really anything that I can find that is colorful and will work in my tank. Also have my eye on a nice birds nest as soon as my new lights come in.

Long winded I know, just wanted to get a little chatter started and hopefully meet some fellow reefers, especially in Cullman/Arab area.

Dave3112

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like to know the same thing. I know it has been a while since we had a meeting. I won't be travelling again until late July so I would like to go to a meeting before I have to hit the road again. GCamp- if we get a meeting going I have some birdsnest and Yumas I can part with.

Tomoko Schum

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We stopped having regular meetings due to the lack of interest among the members. It got to the point that only one or two people will answer to the call for a headcount. We can start having regular meetings if we can get enough people who are truly interested in having fun together. We used to have meetings at LFS's and member's houses at lunch time on Saturdays. Various people brought food and snacks to share with the rest.

So, if you are interested in having a meeting soon, like the end of this month or in early to mid July, please respond to this thread. We need a place to get together, too. Anyone interested in having a few people come over on Saturday?

H@rry

Troll
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm up for a meeting if somebody wants to get one up. I can bring a couple of frags for a door prize.

joejoe1055

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
love to start going to mettings again, miss the gang:sad:, like to meet some of the new reefers as well

jason.tammy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We are considering hosting one,jjust gota fiqure out if we can fit in our sched.We have alot going on.We have done a major remoldel and have got alot of great stock in.

hardimanm

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would love to start them up again...I work an odd schedule but hopefully with enough notice i could manage to get off work the day of the meetings

firefightered

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would love to have a meeting some time. The only person I have met is Tammy. They do have a pretty good selection at GREAT prices. I only wish they lived a little closer. My schedual is crazy as well but am willing to do my best to make a meeting and meet some fellow reefers. I'm still kinda new at this and have a lot of questions about my set-up. There is nothing like meeting new people that share the same interests. SOMEBODY PLEASE get a meeting schedualed!!!!!!!!!!!

Dave3112

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just found out my travel got moved up a week I will be on my way to europe starting July 15. So if we have one I would like it to be before then. If not I can only hope to make another one in the future.....

And Bob, it wouldn't be the same if you didn't tell a joke.........

mike_dani

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am game for a meeting. Let me know if I need to host it again, maybe I can do a grand opening event and we can all just have a ton of fun.......

Last edited:

mike_dani

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We are considering hosting one,jjust gota fiqure out if we can fit in our sched.We have alot going on.We have done a major remoldel and have got alot of great stock in.

Talk to Jason today we are going to work out the dates so we both can host one.

Stay tuned.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 47 41.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 12 10.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 32 28.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 21 18.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.8%
Back