Reef Diaper

M Stein

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I've been using reef diaper for about a week now and I thought I'd share how my experience with it is so far.

1) Replacing the sock is really easy. You just push the bottom ring down, then replace the sock, and slide the ring back up.
2) Although it looks like it might be flimsy, it most certainly is not. It can hold a LOT of water inside without tearing.
3) I also found that the sock inflates when it fills, so if you have a small sump area it might not fit when it starts to fill.

In my opinion some areas where Reef Diaper can expand are,
1) getting larger micron sizes. Especially after a water change sometimes 100 microns is just too small. My sock overflowed within a couple of hours (it's a 75 gallon tank).
2) making larger socks. I'd really love to see 7" sock coming out for larger tank sizes.

albano

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not really impressed… ran 1 with 1 regular sock, Side by side with dual drains, sock was much dirtier. Diaper had ‘ballooned’’ but still looked clean… may try them again, but not sure.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I like my socks as they are. Consider trying the mesh type

BoxKing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cup with poly fill only - you will wonder why you didnt chose this this route from the get go.

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have ordered these to give them a try.

I tried the filter cup with poly fill. Problems I had with the cups is if I put too much poly fill in them they would just overfill, too little and it was pretty much useless. Never found a way to make them work. I have 2 of them sitting in a cupboard. They also caused my herbie drain to go all wonky.

mermaid_life

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have ordered these to give them a try.

I tried the filter cup with poly fill. Problems I had with the cups is if I put too much poly fill in them they would just overfill, too little and it was pretty much useless. Never found a way to make them work. I have 2 of them sitting in a cupboard. They also caused my herbie drain to go all wonky.
Yep. Know exactly what you're talking about. It's the surface area that matters. Check out this article: https://www.splashengineering.com/blog/filter-cups/

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 12 9.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 45 34.4%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 41 31.3%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 23.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back