Reef Glass Nano Skimmer

samrggzy

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 3, 2021
Messages
88
Reaction score
34
Location
NY
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I am currently using the reef glass nano skimmer on my biocube 32, its been working pretty good and been collecting a decent amount of skimmate. Just wondering if anyone knowa how hight the bubbles are supposed to be in relation to the stopper, Im not even sure if it really matters because the skimmer is still working fine im just curious if anyone has any input, thanks.

12E89D75-E1F0-439B-A9B6-D5D4274C83AD.jpeg 8C18A76B-B7DD-4A9E-BFD8-CD6BF376682E.jpeg
 
I have never owned one, but I always thought they were pretty cool. My guess would be that with such a small device and narrow tolerance range, it will be up to the individual tank owner—depending on water chemistry—to dial it in. Congratulations on your personal success with it. ;)
 
Entirely up to you, the higher the column, the "dryer" the skimmate and more "pure" the extract. Meaning it pulls out less, but it pulls out specifically the bigger chunks, etc. If you lower it, it will skim "wet" or will pull out excess nutrients more rapidly. I have this same skimmer and still learning myself on where I want it. But that's the general rule regarding skimming in my experience.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW LONG HAVE YOU PERSONALLY KEPT YOUR LONGEST-SERVING CURRENT RESIDENT?

  • Under 1 year

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • 1 to under 3 years

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • 3 to under 5 years

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • 5 to under 10 years

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • 10 to under 20 years

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • 20+ years

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • I’ve lost track

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new