Reef Glass Nano Skimmer

samrggzy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I am currently using the reef glass nano skimmer on my biocube 32, its been working pretty good and been collecting a decent amount of skimmate. Just wondering if anyone knowa how hight the bubbles are supposed to be in relation to the stopper, Im not even sure if it really matters because the skimmer is still working fine im just curious if anyone has any input, thanks.

12E89D75-E1F0-439B-A9B6-D5D4274C83AD.jpeg 8C18A76B-B7DD-4A9E-BFD8-CD6BF376682E.jpeg

JumboShrimp

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have never owned one, but I always thought they were pretty cool. My guess would be that with such a small device and narrow tolerance range, it will be up to the individual tank owner—depending on water chemistry—to dial it in. Congratulations on your personal success with it. ;)

Reffetsevla

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Entirely up to you, the higher the column, the "dryer" the skimmate and more "pure" the extract. Meaning it pulls out less, but it pulls out specifically the bigger chunks, etc. If you lower it, it will skim "wet" or will pull out excess nutrients more rapidly. I have this same skimmer and still learning myself on where I want it. But that's the general rule regarding skimming in my experience.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 36 16.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 29 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 131 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 15 6.7%
Back