REEF HOBBYIST... roughly how many miles are you from the nearest Ocean?

ErehwoN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clatskanie OR. 37.4 miles in a straight line west to the Pacific. About 5 miles from the Columbia River, but only 1500 feet from the Clatskanie River :p

Jim

ZipAdeeZoa

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm 1 minute away from the halifax harbour, about 20-30 minutes to some awesome freediving spots. I have to admit QT was rough on my mental, I normally am not out of the water for that long- thank god I could still get a daily dose of ocean on my night stand. I'm kind of bummed because my buddies are going diving tomorrow looking for blue sharks while I work ;Dead . Hopefully they'll find some andI'll be able to join them when they go back!

I was hoping to post some photos of the cool critters I photographed around here last week but I guess the jpegs from my camera are to large to post... sigh...

CoralVue_Marketing

One minute of patience, ten years of peace.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
40-minute drive to see the Aquarium of the Pacific (and the real Pacific) in Long Beach, California. Same travel time to Bolsa Chica, Huntington or Newport; 50 minutes to Manhattan or Laguna; 1 hour to San Clemente.

desagon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interested to know who's the CLOSEST and the FURTHEST from the nearest Ocean.

Use Google Maps and post roughly how many miles you are from the nearest Ocean beach.

For me in Cincinnati.....
I believe the closest is Virginia Beach 489 miles but I'd rather do the 690 trip to Pensacola/Destin

I live in Cincinnati as well and with all of the “salt life” stickers on everyone’s cars, you’d think we live right on the ocean!

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 196 70.8%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 21 7.6%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 52 18.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 2.9%

Back