REEF LIFE AQUARIUMS is the place to go!!!

knap_123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been in at least a dozen times. I find mike a bit arrogant and rude myself. Last visit I was going to purchase something . and when I went to pay, I was spoke to rudely, And my fish had been forgotten . And mike was doing something completely different than trying to take care of the customer, me! My wife and I left and I will not go back. Plus we were the only ones there ! I do like reef revolution so much better! If you want clowns go to mike. If you want awesome coral and grey prices go to mark at r.revolution.

knap_123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I must apologies for my post above. I was angry when I posted and must say I was being childish. Mikes a good guy, and I did go back and will continue to. Things happen and we all loose our cool sometimes. Sorry mike, and reef2reef comunity.

Last edited:

samba_dad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I visited Reef Life for the first time last week. I heard about this place on the web and after searching for awhile found it. The store is actually in the building behind the one visible from 280 and looked to me like the only open store in that rear building. I brought my wife and she patiently waited for the fish geeks to finish talking. I love it when an LFS owner knows his stuff and embraces technology as t relates to our hobby. I love the store and will definitely be stopping by every time I am in Birmingham. They do maintenance and leasing that includes water changes. So I would think they would sell water RO/DI. They are also an EcoTech preferred dealer and they have the Radeon XR30 Pros hanging above all their frag tanks. I was really impressed with their knowledge and friendliness. Ask him to show you his breeding clownfish and designer clowns.

eric.battani

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My buddy Matt and I just drove down there for the first time last Saturday. Neither one of us had ever even heard of this place before. But here is my review.

AWESOME! It was a really cool place. Ended up spending way more that budgeted for. Its a long trip for us to make, but I can say, if im ever close again, I will definitely stop by.

chelltom

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have to agree with some of the posts they do have some great things but sometimes the owner does come off a little arrogant , he is quite knowledgeable but tends to talk down to you when you ask a question. I I have also been in there when he is having a conversation with someone and tends to ignore everyone else waiting to be served . I will say this one time I bought a 5 gallon of his mixed saltwater and when I tested it was over 1.026 . Still seems a better option than aquarium fantasies which seems to have gone done over the years . Anyone know what happened over there ? used to be awesome now it seems very dirty and not well taken care of. I think I will check out Reef Revolution in Trussville to see how they are. Does anyone else know of any good places in the Birmingham area ? Thanks

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 16.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 134 58.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.9%
Back