REEF MAT 500 GURGLING NOISE

Arcu2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Installed a reef mat 500 on my waterbox last night and I'm not sure why I'm getting a gurgle sound inside the roller mat. I used the sealant for the hose and glued the adapter to my piping. Everything is screwed on tight as far as the water connections go. Submitted a ticket to red sea but in the mean time any ideas what's going on? not really an issue just annoying lol

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/XAiXw3r9S-0

dmsc2fs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe that is air stuck in the red tube inside the reefmat. It looks like your reefmat is very high in the water. One thing you can try is to turn the pump off and let your sump backfill. Once that is done take the pipe off and try to install it again under water to not trap any air on the top of the tube where it may not flow out.
When I say take the pipe off I am referring to the short red one that you remove and add back in place inside the reefmat when you first installed the roll. It twists about 40* and comes out

OP
OP
Arcu2

Arcu2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe that is air stuck in the red tube inside the reefmat. It looks like your reefmat is very high in the water. One thing you can try is to turn the pump off and let your sump backfill. Once that is done take the pipe off and try to install it again under water to not trap any air on the top of the tube where it may not flow out.
When I say take the pipe off I am referring to the short red one that you remove and add back in place inside the reefmat when you first installed the roll. It twists about 40* and comes out
Unfortunately that’s the lowest it’s able to sit in my sump. Can’t raise my sump level any higher either because then the water just becomes stagnant in that chamber and doesn’t waterfall into the return chamber. But I’m going to try that when I get home. Thanks!

Bent17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you ever manage to solve this? I too am having the gurgling noise on my reefmat. I manage to solve this by advancing some fleece roll but it eventually comes back...

danberger

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the issue. The solution for me was to increase the water level in the sump.

peterhos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No expert but I think we should all do a power off test to ensure our sumps do not flood, then add water to the sump to a higher but still safe level..l

shadyraro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you ever manage to solve this? I too am having the gurgling noise on my reefmat. I manage to solve this by advancing some fleece roll but it eventually comes back...
When I added my reefmat I added an extra 3 litres of water to my sump, I have a cade so the gravity ato lets you only have a certain water level in your sump. But by adding the extra water it gives the reefmat time to fill up with water, and by the time it gets to it's desired water level (mine sits about an inch below the sensor), the sump water level eventually evened itself out. Also mine is set to the default setting where the roll only moves an inch at a time, and I find this to be perfect as it doesn't effect the sump water level at all.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Arcu2

Arcu2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same issue here bout to try all of these
How long has yours been running? If it’s only been a day give it a few days. It’ll purge all the air out eventually. The only way for the roll to advance is by the water hitting the sensor so it’ll work itself out soon.

Texasnano

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long has yours been running? If it’s only been a day give it a few days. It’ll purge all the air out eventually. The only way for the roll to advance is by the water hitting the sensor so it’ll work

How long has yours been running? If it’s only been a day give it a few days. It’ll purge all the air out eventually. The only way for the roll to advance is by the water hitting the sensor so it’ll work itself out soon.
An hour... lol

ScubaFish802

Just keep swimming
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Water level needs to be higher. The suction noise is the water at the surface of the outlet breaking
- gurgling == too low
- rushing water/bubble noise == air coming down from overflow

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 16 23.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 32.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.0%
Back