Reef Nutrition TDO Chromaboost

The Aquatic Arsenal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 on the reviews. My fish litterally flip me off when I feed flakes or mysis now. Throw TDO in and they are jumping out of the tank to eat. Great food, last awhile, dont let the packaging fool you, the product is great, my only concern is my exp date is in like a month, was purchased less then a month ago from BRS, dose the food still hold quality even after exp date?

Thank you again for a great food
What I do is keep a small container for what I use in a week and freeze the rest.

Reef Nutrition

We Feed Your Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know old thread but I been feeding tdo pellets for a year and have noticed no difference in color improvement on my livestock like at all...
I just saw a video of your fish in another thread. They look pretty colorful and healthy to me, even with the blue light. Like others have said, lighting can affect the way we see color in fish.

Sorry to hear you are not satisfied with TDO. We appreciate your feedback and hope you find something that works.

Chad

Last edited:

Frizzy reefnewb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just saw a video of your fish in another thread. They look pretty colorful and healthy to me, even with the blue light. Like others have said, lighting can affect the way we see color in fish.

Sorry to hear your not satisfied with TDO. We appreciate your feedback and hope you find something that works.

Chad
Don’t get it wrong I love feeding them it I had it for a year and have so much left so worth the money( I bought the package deal) everything from reef nutrition I love and I only been at it for about 5 years...I’ll keep using it and keep you posted! Plus my fish love it

Reef Nutrition

We Feed Your Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don’t get it wrong I love feeding them it I had it for a year and have so much left so worth the money( I bought the package deal) everything from reef nutrition I love and I only been at it for about 5 years...I’ll keep using it and keep you posted! Plus my fish love it

Thanks for the love. Means a lot.

Look forward to your updates!

Best,
Chad

Rjramos

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been using TDO for several years. Got large, medium, small and x-small for the corals. The x-small stays in suspension with water movement till it falls on a hungry polyp. Twice at Reefapalooza, I’ve placed tickets in the raffle bucket for 3 -3oz packs and won! Thanks Reef Nutrition! Probably got a 3 year supply of TDO!

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another +1 for TDO.

Started feeding it a few months back on a whim(was reading good things about it). I needed another pellet to add to my auto feeder with all around nutrition. TDO fits the bill very well, and all my fish love it!

Funny thing is I feed NLS, TDO, and algae max in my auto feeder. Since the TDO is red you can easily pick them out from the other pellets. My fish look for the red pellets first, when they are gone they will pick at the others, but always consume the TDO first.

Great food to add to any rotation of foods.

Blakjax

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another +1 for TDO.

Started feeding it a few months back on a whim(was reading good things about it). I needed another pellet to add to my auto feeder with all around nutrition. TDO fits the bill very well, and all my fish love it!

Funny thing is I feed NLS, TDO, and algae max in my auto feeder. Since the TDO is red you can easily pick them out from the other pellets. My fish look for the red pellets first, when they are gone they will pick at the others, but always consume the TDO first.

Great food to add to any rotation of foods.
Interested in mixing nori pellets and TDO together in my AFS. Do you see any issues with doing this?

Snoopy 67

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried it & the fish did like it.
However I wish the pellets were a little larger for big fish.
Hikari Marine size or slightly larger would be just right.

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interested in mixing nori pellets and TDO together in my AFS. Do you see any issues with doing this?
No issues that I know of? Their all dry pellets, not sure what problems there would be?

Only thing I notice is even my algae eating fish(starry blenny, kole tang), they prefer the TDO first, then eat the algae pellets.

Tcook

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What does everyone use to feed the TDO? I have the Julian Sprung "thing" and it is a total piece of garbage. As soon as you tip it down all the TDO start falling out.

ronalbert

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, we have plenty of customers that use TDO past expiration with no issue. Thanks for asking, and it's great to hear your animals approve.

Best,
Chad
Am I reading correctly that this requires refrigeration? How would it work for auto feeders, when it sits in the feeder unrefrigerated? Thank you.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Am I reading correctly that this requires refrigeration? How would it work for auto feeders, when it sits in the feeder unrefrigerated? Thank you.
Fridge will keep it fresh longer but have never placed mine in fridge
I use apex AFS feeder and never clogs

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 56 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 35.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.6%
Back