Reef Oct Elite 150-Int Questions

  • Thread starter Thread starter mcdrichj
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

mcdrichj

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 22, 2019
Messages
340
Reaction score
473
Location
Rindge, NH
What state or country do you live in
New Hampshire
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have a few questions about the RO Elite 150-INT.

- I see the footprint is 11.4"x10.4" my skimmer area in the sump is 11 7/8" x 10" but the baffle is 1" off the bottom where the width is 11". Is there a way I can turn the skimmer to fit or have a little bit hang under the baffle or would I need the SSS?

- I currently have a 75g just upgraded from a 15g and I only have 3 fish I will definitely be adding more. Will this skimmer be way too big for my tank will I even be able to get it to skim with a bio load this light? I do plan to upgrade to a 120g sometime in the next 2 years (hopefully) but this is one major reason I want this skimmer (buy once cry once).

If this skimmer is just way too big for this tank should I just go with eSsence S-130, 110INT or Nyos 120? I'm open to suggestions.
 
So I have a few questions about the RO Elite 150-INT.

- I see the footprint is 11.4"x10.4" my skimmer area in the sump is 11 7/8" x 10" but the baffle is 1" off the bottom where the width is 11". Is there a way I can turn the skimmer to fit or have a little bit hang under the baffle or would I need the SSS?

- I currently have a 75g just upgraded from a 15g and I only have 3 fish I will definitely be adding more. Will this skimmer be way too big for my tank will I even be able to get it to skim with a bio load this light? I do plan to upgrade to a 120g sometime in the next 2 years (hopefully) but this is one major reason I want this skimmer (buy once cry once).

If this skimmer is just way too big for this tank should I just go with eSsence S-130, 110INT or Nyos 120? I'm open to suggestions.
Skimmer not too big in rating but may be in footprint
 
Just to follow up with this because I absolutely hate when someone doesnt finish a post. I did end up getting the RO elite 150int and it does fit in my 10"X11 7/8" sump area. I was able to rotate the skinmer so it took up a bit more length and saves that 0.4" in the width I needed. I will note that it barley fits but it does there is no stress on any parts. There is a very small gap between the glass and the skinmer.
 
Pics? I’d like to visualize as I’m eyeing this skimmer and also have a tight space.
 
Pics? I’d like to visualize as I’m eyeing this skimmer and also have a tight space.
20220902_180328-jpg.2811882
 

Attachments

  • 20220902_180328.jpg
    20220902_180328.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 273
I dont really think you could fit it in anything smaller then what I have 10x 11 7/8.
 
Be careful that the pump does not suck up against the wall of the sump, you will starve the pump and burn it up.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new