Reef Octo Collection Cup Troubleshooting

  • Thread starter Thread starter DanP-SD
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

DanP-SD

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 4, 2014
Messages
309
Reaction score
349
Location
San Diego, CA
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Greetings. I'm hoping someone has run into this issue or can provide some guidance. I have a Reef Octo 6" Collection Cup connected to my skimmer. It has a plug relay that the skimmer plugs into so that, when the collection cup fills, a float senses it, sends a signal to the outlet and shuts off power to the skimmer. A red led and a green led let you quickly see the status.

I've had it installed only a few weeks. For the first couple weeks, it worked exactly as designed. Last time the cup filled and shut off the skimmer, I emptied the cup but the red light won't shut off and I can't restore power to the skimmer plug. I've cleaned the float and it moves freely. I've checked the fuse in the plug relay and it's fine. As a work around, I've plugged the skimmer directly into power (it works fine but this bypasses the purpose of the collection cup).

I've tried reaching out to Coralvue for support but can't get any assistance. They were quick to respond and ask for proof of purchase. I provided it but they've been silent ever since and aren't responding to my emails. I don't have much experience with their support because my Reef Octo products have always worked well so I don't know if this is typical but rather than wait and hope for an eventual response, I thought I'd ping the forums for ideas on how to fix it myself.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new