Reef octopus 1000

canister guy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the hob1000 from reef octopus. Had it about 2 weeks. Works great. Question though. Is anyone putting and carbon/media in that return side.? Looks like has plenty of space for something.. anyway.. thanks in advance for your comments..

40B Knasty

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one too. Personally I wouldn't put anything in it, because the water returning to the tank is cleaned, but it is a good idea and I will be watching this thread. I would be worried about slowing the rate of flow back to the tank and have it overflow. Only thing I would think of being a good filler would be Marine Pure spheres in a bag. I am planning on getting some for my FLUVAL C4. If I have any extra. I will give it a whirl and let you know. Keep me posted if you try something.

OP
OP
C

canister guy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually stayed home from work today to clean my tank. Gonna run up to lps and see what they have. I use the seachem matrix. Media is decent size. I use it in my flual fx4. Thats what i was thinking of putting in return..

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back