Reef Octopus 110-int Skimmer

MarineReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just set up my first tank. I'm cycling the tank now so skimmer is off. But I did turn it on just to see how it worked and the foam just keeps coming out of the top of it. No matter if the valve is closed or open all the way on the return. According to instructions if u close it more then it should reduce the amount of wetness but either way it's just foaming like crazy. The cup is full of water and foam comes out the top holes. Sny help would be awesome. Thanks!

Ocelaris

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just give it some time to break in. Mine did the same thing. But what is your water level in the sump? Each skimmer has a reccomended depth, usually 7-9 inches, but you'd have to check the manual. I usually have mine up on a stand.

arafas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You could set it in a bucket of water with cup of white vinegar for a day. Then rinse and wipe down good and you will be set.

Ocelaris

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I switched tanks, I bleached and they ran it with muriatic acid, which removed everything from the plastic. It took a few weeks before the biofilm built up and wasn't overflowing constantly. It could be a new tank thing also.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 20.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 11 14.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 39 52.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 9.5%
Back