Reef Octopus Octo Pulse Pump with 0-10v Apex Control

psumms

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know if, when a 0-10v cable is connected to the Reef Octopus Octo Pulse pumps, do they switch to constant mode?
Initially I expected this to be the case, I have an Apex program setup to ramp between 10% (lowest possible speed) and 30% (Highest I need, these things are powerful!). However, I've noticed that when progressing through a constant period, e.g. at the 10%, the pump seems to 'rev' slightly, similar to the 'tide' setting it reverts to if I unplug the 0-10v cable. Would be awesome if it was doing this. I've re-read the instructions, there is a very ambiguous bit about the 0-10v and the peak in a mode setting - I can't tell if this is just poor layout of the info in the document.

gorally

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried to find out how to make the v1/v2 cable. Once I made it I will let you know. Could you show me some pin layout diagram?

Shirak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am running two octopulse on my Apex. I use virtual outlets and different profiles for a variety of flow patterns.
I purchased the

Ice Cap Gyre Interface Module Y Cable on amazon​

So for example. Octopulse Left:
Make a virtual outlet:
This is for random flow during the day. This will be running unless one of the other things tells it not too.. like night time or feeding or one of the other flow patterns.
octo2.jpg

Then under the octopulse configuration settings in the advance area you need to put the virtual outlet line in: (this is the Left octopulse. The Right octopulse has it's own profile RFRightDay so the code is a little different in it's advance settings area.)
The way I have things set only one of these outputs or feed cycles is active so the Octopulse will run whichever is currently ON. So during the day from the virtual outlet being ON the left octopulse will run Profile RFLeftDay.
octo1.jpg

In the Profile area, select a profile slot. Rename it to whatever you want and change the type to Pump. Then you can fiddle with the settings. Mine pulses and goes from 6% to 85% over an 18 second time frame and then is off for 10 seconds before starting the 18 second ramp up again. YES it is off for a period of time and I am aware it's not idea for a DC pump but I don't care. Pumps are on opposite sides of a 4' tank and I want them to be off occasionally so the pump from the opposite side will push water down the opposite wall.
Profile for RFLeftDay:
octo3.jpg

The night profiles are longer off times and lower maximum intensity. There are also a couple flow patterns that come on a few times during the day like wave crest and sand clear which really move things around and only last a couple minutes of very high flow and turbulence. Then there are all the feed flow patterns, included two that activate when my auto feeder goes on. For a few minutes it's running VirtFeedBeg with quick on off pulses to distribute the food throughout the tank. then VirtFeedEnd activates for a while and lets the food settle for the most part.

If you can see the video.. this is what the torches do during the day.

Last edited:

gorally

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am running two octopulse on my Apex. I use virtual outlets and different profiles for a variety of flow patterns.
I purchased the

Ice Cap Gyre Interface Module Y Cable on amazon​

So for example. Octopulse Left:
Make a virtual outlet:
This is for random flow during the day. This will be running unless one of the other things tells it not too.. like night time or feeding or one of the other flow patterns.
octo2.jpg

Then under the octopulse configuration settings in the advance area you need to put the virtual outlet line in: (this is the Left octopulse. The Right octopulse has it's own profile RFRightDay so the code is a little different in it's advance settings area.)
The way I have things set only one of these outputs or feed cycles is active so the Octopulse will run whichever is currently ON. So during the day from the virtual outlet being ON the left octopulse will run Profile RFLeftDay.
octo1.jpg

In the Profile area, select a profile slot. Rename it to whatever you want and change the type to Pump. Then you can fiddle with the settings. Mine pulses and goes from 6% to 85% over an 18 second time frame and then is off for 10 seconds before starting the 18 second ramp up again. YES it is off for a period of time and I am aware it's not idea for a DC pump but I don't care. Pumps are on opposite sides of a 4' tank and I want them to be off occasionally so the pump from the opposite side will push water down the opposite wall.
Profile for RFLeftDay:
octo3.jpg

The night profiles are longer off times and lower maximum intensity. There are also a couple flow patterns that come on a few times during the day like wave crest and sand clear which really move things around and only last a couple minutes of very high flow and turbulence. Then there are all the feed flow patterns, included two that activate when my auto feeder goes on. For a few minutes it's running VirtFeedBeg with quick on off pulses to distribute the food throughout the tank. then VirtFeedEnd activates for a while and lets the food settle for the most part.

If you can see the video.. this is what the torches do during the day.

Thank you . Now I finally made my o an cable itch the correct crimping technique. I setup the virtual device and now the Pluse 4 is working as I wish.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 43.1%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 20.3%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 42 34.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.4%
Back