Reef Octopus Plump Controller led pump speed lights flashing blue

BigHildy53

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cleaned a Reef Octopus VarioS 4 pump and after reassembly the pump doesn't say on long. The pump runs for a short period of time, then all five of the pump speed blue lights flash, then the pump runs...they cycle repeats. Almost like the pump is in a pulse mode; but the pump doesn't have a pulse mode. Any ideas?

Ocelaris

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the impeller stuck? If it was after reassembly, I'd check that there's not some build up. I bought a used reef octopus 220 int, which came with a rodc 5500, upgraded the controller and power supply to make it a varios 6, and the impeller has been stuck a few times. Vinegar plus reassembly is what I'd recommend. Make sure that the divets line up when putting back the pump cover as there are three, and one is meant to distribute water to cool the pump.

Jason boles

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ugh. Mine is currently doing this and it’s so flipping annoying.

coralvue stinks at putting out owners Manuel’s. The videos don’t cover everything.

I had to hunt an hour just to learn how to bleed air from my calcium reactor, just happened upon a post

I do expect more when I spend so much.

OP
OP
BigHildy53

BigHildy53

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had to disassemble and reassemble a couple of times to get the alignment correct. Pump is still working today. Make sure all the holes are correctly aligned.

Miller535

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine did the same thing a few times. But as long as I keep the impeller clean, and clean the inside where the impeller goes with a pipe cleaner every once in a while, and as stated above make sure it's put back together correctly, there are no more issues.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 103 86.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.7%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back