Reef Octopus Regal INT skimmers with VarioS DC control | BRStv Spotlight

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

randyBRS

BRStv Host :-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys,

This week we're following up the VarioS return pumps with a Spotlight on the Reef Octopus Regal INT skimmers who use them to make for one solid skimming solution on your tank! :cool:

In this spotlight we’ll show you what they come with, help you size one for your tank, and walk you through everything from assembly and setup to maintenance as well as some optional accessories.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I own the 300INT and it is by far the BEST skimmer I have ever ran! Wanted to buy one of those real fancy high dollar ones but chose this and so glad I did!!

Bacon505

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I use tbe 250ext, i also have a vertex skimmer ran it to see the performance on both. The vertex is nothing conpare to my 250.

Bacon505

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Btw, do you guys know how i can get the regal 250ext decal/sticker? Mine came off and im a bit OCD

Bacon505

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hmmm.. You could try reaching out to CoralVue directly?
Btw have you guys done the varios dc pump video? Im confused with the float switch it came with. Is the float switch to control preventing overflowing the tank or from the pump running dry when water level in the return pump se tion is low?

OP
OP
randyBRS

randyBRS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

FLSharkvictim

Shark Advocate
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Randy, I am glad you guys did a video on these new REGAL protein skimmers including there new VarioS DC Controlable pumps. I consider my Regal 150 intl to be one of the best protein skimmer & pump combos on the market.. I have had been through my share of protein skimmers in the 25 years I have been in this hobby. I currently bought a, Reef Octopus REGAL 150intl protein skimmer for my 120 SPS dominate tank. I can tell you one thing, Reef Octopus really nailed this one w/ there Float switch that connected to your VarioS controller., so you will never have the skimmer overflow back into your sump. I went with the VarioS Intl model instead of the Space Saver model and I will tell you why! If you have room in your sump 100% go with the intl model , trust me you will not be sorry.. It takes about 20 seconds to get my pump out of my sump and off my protein skimmer so i can let it soak in a 2 part cleaning solution. I absolutely love the new REGAL skimmers especially since they have tagged teamed up with the VarioS DC Controllable pumps.. Reef Octo VarioS pumps run so smoothly, I went out and bought a VarioS4 for my 50 gallon salt water mixing station. In regards to the skimmers, It takes a week or two in order to get it dialed in but ones you do you're good to go... You will be amazed on how much skim these REGALS pull out of your tank.. Here are a few shots of my 150 Intl w/ a VarioS2 dc PUMP...

Quick question, @randyBRS - at the time I bought my 150 Intl from you all you were out of the REGAL 200's, so I went with the Regal 150 Intl & i was wondering if it's capable of handling my new SCA-150 with a 40 gallon SUMP?? My tank will be mainly SPS Dominate type tank and a medium stocked with tangs, clowns, anthias sunburt, etc etc - so I should be ok.

Regal 150 intl w/ VarioS2
Regal 150.JPG

Regal 150 intl w/ VarioS2
Regal INTL #1.JPG

Regal 150 intl w/ VarioS2 Incl Float Switch
Regal INTL #6.JPG

50 gallon Saltwater Mixing Station
Mixing station.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
randyBRS

randyBRS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Randy, I am glad you guys did a video on these new REGAL protein skimmers including there new VarioS DC Controlable pumps. I consider my Regal 150 intl to be one of the best protein skimmer & pump combos on the market.. I have had been through my share of protein skimmers in the 25 years I have been in this hobby. I currently bought a, Reef Octopus REGAL 150intl protein skimmer for my 120 SPS dominate tank. I can tell you one thing, Reef Octopus really nailed this one w/ there Float switch that connected to your VarioS controller., so you will never have the skimmer overflow back into your sump. I went with the VarioS Intl model instead of the Space Saver model and I will tell you why! If you have room in your sump 100% go with the intl model , trust me you will not be sorry.. It takes about 20 seconds to get my pump out of my sump and off my protein skimmer so i can let it soak in a 2 part cleaning solution. I absolutely love the new REGAL skimmers especially since they have tagged teamed up with the VarioS DC Controllable pumps.. Reef Octo VarioS pumps run so smoothly, I went out and bought a VarioS4 for my 50 gallon salt water mixing station. In regards to the skimmers, It takes a week or two in order to get it dialed in but ones you do you're good to go... You will be amazed on how much skim these REGALS pull out of your tank.. Here are a few shots of my 150 Intl w/ a VarioS2 dc PUMP...

Quick question, @randyBRS - at the time I bought my 150 Intl from you all you were out of the REGAL 200's, so I went with the Regal 150 Intl & i was wondering if it's capable of handling my new SCA-150 with a 40 gallon SUMP?? My tank will be mainly SPS Dominate type tank and a medium stocked with tangs, clowns, anthias sunburt, etc etc - so I should be ok.

Thanks! I agree, they really knocked this one out of the park with the addition of that built-in float switch. That 150INT might be a stretch for a tank that size and with that demand. It's worth trying out, but would probably be better served when coupled with a good refugium or other solid primary nutrient export method. :)

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 40 34.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 25 21.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.7%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 26.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.4%
Back