Reef Octopus Skimmer Neck Cleaner

Vladthelarge

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 24, 2021
Messages
34
Reaction score
21
Location
24551
What state or country do you live in
Virginia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking at the one made for the Reef Octopus (https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/reef-octopus-automatic-protein-skimmer-neck-cleaner-lid.html).

I'm curious about what you all think of the automatic skimmer neck cleaners.

Does anyone have any first-hand experience with them that would be willing to share on the build quality and reliability?

It seems a bit pricey for that level of automation. Other than removing the need for manual cleaning, does it have any other side benefits like ph stability?
 
I looked - thought about buying.

Reality, where does the scrapings go? Right back into the water to be skimmed again. That and now another piece to clean.
 
I looked - thought about buying.

Reality, where does the scrapings go? Right back into the water to be skimmed again. That and now another piece to clean.
I was sort of thinking the same thing, but hoping that the skimmate would float to the top of the collection cup and get removed rather than coating the walls. You raise a good point about the rotating assembly potentially requiring cleaning.

Anyone out there have one and did it make a difference?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 5 35.7%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 7.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 14.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new