REEF Palooza 2018!!!

rbadger

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately I’m staying until Wed so probably no corals for me. Are there also lots of equipment vendors there too showing new products?

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Too chose one Rap Orlando or LA ....or Macna Vegas

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I hear this is a Must attend and Great door prizes and speakers. One of these years I will save vacation and make this a " Must go to".

Appaloosa1224

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll be going for one day. My parents decided to tag along and make it a family vacation, so we are doing Disney and all that. Driving home to Atlanta on Sunday, so deciding whether to go Saturday or Sunday. I've never had a problem with keeping coral in a bag for 24-48 hours, but wondering if it might be easier/less busy to go Sunday before driving home.

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just went to the Reefapalooza site to get tickets and it says “Coming Soon.” Where did you get them? Thanks.

Abhishek

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@gcarroll to be blamed for influencing me to finally get my tickets for my First ReefAPalooza . Will be there on Saturday morning and leaving Sunday night !
Am kind of glad that @gcarroll did it though for I wouldn't have got tickets to fly all the way without some convincing :)

Regards,
Abhishek

Tuffyyyyy

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Need some Reef A Palooza advice! Going to the New York show for the for the first time. I need some advice on bringing Corals back to Miami. I know Airlines are pretty restrictive on liquids so how would that work? Also on Southwest the early flights are either Sun or Mon. How would I be able to keep the Corals alive if I choose to leave Monday morning. Or should I just go to the Orlando Show and make my purchases there? I am already booked for flights to New York and Hotel just need the return flight. Sorry if these sound like dumb questions, just trying to figure out my best option.

These bad boys are pretty handy for frag swaps. They hold 12 frags, you can carry them on the plane, and they even include the TSA literature to help you get through security:

https://buildinganobsession.com/products/personal-sized-frag-transport

The other option is to just overnight them to yourself. MACNA last year in New Orleans had a UPS in the convention center and a FedEx across the street so it would have been pretty easy to ship should you need to.

ndrwater

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Too chose one Rap Orlando or LA ....or Macna Vegas
Just do what I do, go to all 3!!!
But being in So Cal and working with all the great people who put on the OC RAP helps a bit... That and Vegas is only a 3 hour drive for me.. Orlando is a flight, but always a great time.

FLSharkvictim

Shark Advocate
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These bad boys are pretty handy for frag swaps. They hold 12 frags, you can carry them on the plane, and they even include the TSA literature to help you get through security:
https://buildinganobsession.com/products/personal-sized-frag-transport
The other option is to just overnight them to yourself. MACNA last year in New Orleans had a UPS in the convention center and a FedEx across the street so it would have been pretty easy to ship should you need to.

Yep there is no question that Ben and his company can build some of the nicest Acrylic gear, ATO Containers etc etc in the industry - Absolutely Superb QUALITY! @BuildingAnObsession

Anyhow, going to be placing an order for 1 or two of these personal Frag Tray Holders myself for my trip to Reef-A-
Palooza in Orlando, FL.

Illustrations off BOA SITE - https://buildinganobsession.com/
Screen Shot 2018-03-01 at 7.03.24 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-03-01 at 7.03.46 AM.png

Last edited:

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 45 41.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 23 21.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 38 34.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back