reef-pi :: An opensource reef tank controller based on Raspberry Pi.

OP
OP
Ranjib

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what happens when you type
Code:
ping lightpi.local
in raspberry pi terminal and in your laptop/computer.
This is based on special type of dns, aka bonjour or multi cast based dns..its a local service discovery, and it may take a while (few minutes) for other devices in the same network to be aware of it. There are few cased where this does not work, so its definitely not a full proof thing, but most (windos, linux laptops, iphones) should work

LionHeart2017

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what happens when you type
Code:
ping lightpi.local
in raspberry pi terminal and in your laptop/computer.
This is based on special type of dns, aka bonjour or multi cast based dns..its a local service discovery, and it may take a while (few minutes) for other devices in the same network to be aware of it. There are few cased where this does not work, so its definitely not a full proof thing, but most (windos, linux laptops, iphones) should work
How do I stop it, just close the terminal?
Screenshot_20181212-055746_VNC%20Viewer.jpeg

OP
OP
Ranjib

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Ranjib

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Weird, all I get is this
Screenshot_20181212-060259.jpeg
you are typing the entire address including http:// ? if not it will go in search mode.. if you type it right and dns is not working you;ll get an error message, but it will not go to search.
Do you have a build thread btw :)

LionHeart2017

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you are typing the entire address including http:// ? if not it will go in search mode.. if you type it right and dns is not working you;ll get an error message, but it will not go to search.
Do you have a build thread btw :)
Yes typing it all in, no build thread yet as this was to just get control of my lights while I collect parts

pickupman66

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@LionHeart2017 Try using a browser like Chrome or Firefox on your android device. You may also want to run the Ping command from your android phone to double check that it is getting the proper DNS. I use an app called "terminal". Just fire that up and Run a Ping as you did from the PI GUI window shown earlier. From what you showed in your last screenshot it is hitting search and external DNS and not locally.

Personally I have not been a big fan of chanign the host name unless you have multiple devices with a similar setup like @Ranjib does.

Matt Carden

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This may have been brought up already but the EZO ph circuit is unavailable. Are they still making it or is there a replacement?

OP
OP
Ranjib

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Ranjib

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20181213_020547.jpg
Any thoughts guys? This is the second time and I believe exactly a week apart.
Do you know if anything specific going on during this time? It means the sensor readings have failed on checksum. When it happens, we can not trust the reading from the sensor. It can happen due to voltage spike or other reasons that trigger this condition. Is this transient?

ScottBrew

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick question: what is everyone using as their RODI container for their ATO systems?
15 gallon drum that originally had chocolate syrup in it and a 30 gallon drum that originally had orange juice concentrate in it for my SW mixing.
BA0A3807.JPG

Dave's Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you know if anything specific going on during this time? It means the sensor readings have failed on checksum. When it happens, we can not trust the reading from the sensor. It can happen due to voltage spike or other reasons that trigger this condition. Is this transient?
What do you me by transient? Like transient voltage? I'm not sure what would cause this its seems to happen in the middle of the night this is the second time it happened this time I had to reset it twice I also unplugged my Air temp and Sump temp I only run off the DT temp. The weird thing is that the sump temp notification it disabled but I was still getting text for it also? I think I'm going to try and build a new power supply right now I have a 12v that powers my relays and a 5v for the pi I just picked up a 10a 12v and some voltage regulators to rework my power supply set up. Thanks

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 44 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 8.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back