reef-pi :: An opensource reef tank controller based on Raspberry Pi.

OP
OP
Ranjib

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same result n the mobile also, I'll switch the modem off and on, may help?

That didn't work either.
Not sure if that will help if the modem is blocking .local domains than restart wont fix it. From Pi's perspective you have everything properly configured

OP
OP
Ranjib

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What does this message mean?

{"error":"stats for id: '1' not found"} | HTTP 404

Seems related to one of the temperature sensors.
It means usage data for something (ph or temperature or ato) with ID "1" is not available. It can happen when you just create a new ato or ph (since it takes some time to get the data), or if your dashboard is configured with a non existent entity (now deleted ph or ato or temp sensor etc)

OP
OP
Ranjib

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will the PH monitoring work on any Analogue PH board? I have one kicking around, I couldn't get it working on an Arduino, I believe it needed a pull up or pull down resistor.
I dont think so. Ph sensor requires galvanic isolation..

KevinDodge

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am struggling with the PCA9685. I wired up everything I believe correctly. but the PCA9685 doesn't appear to be sending any PWM signals. I switched out the pin to use the pi PWM and it worked! So I have my pumps wired correctly. Any ideas what I am doing wrong on the PCA9685? I have pi pin 3 wired to SDA, pi pin 5 wired to SCL, VCC to 5v, GND to ground, and the light on the PCA board is lighting up. In addition I have a temperature sensor enabled and it is reporting temperature just fine (so I2C appears to be working). What is the best way to debug the issue? Thanks!

b4tn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am struggling with the PCA9685. I wired up everything I believe correctly. but the PCA9685 doesn't appear to be sending any PWM signals. I switched out the pin to use the pi PWM and it worked! So I have my pumps wired correctly. Any ideas what I am doing wrong on the PCA9685? I have pi pin 3 wired to SDA, pi pin 5 wired to SCL, VCC to 5v, GND to ground, and the light on the PCA board is lighting up. In addition I have a temperature sensor enabled and it is reporting temperature just fine (so I2C appears to be working). What is the best way to debug the issue? Thanks!

Is pca9685 turned on under settings and configuration there should be a check box. You will probably need to reboot after you check it.

Bigtrout

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This could be related to the pwm bug i found on the pca9685. If your frequency is stuck at 1500hz it may be too fast for what u are doing. Try looking to see if voltage changes on the pwm pins as you change the duty cycle...if it does, then the pca is doing its job.

KevinDodge

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmm, I tried both of those. I did not have the pca9658 enabled, but that didn't seem to change anything. I attempted to measure dc voltage across the pwm pin using a voltmeter and it stayed 0.

Tonight I am going to try changing the wiring to hook the pca pwm pins to a bread board with LEDs to see if I am getting anything coming through it.

OP
OP
Ranjib

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmm, I tried both of those. I did not have the pca9658 enabled, but that didn't seem to change anything. I attempted to measure dc voltage across the pwm pin using a voltmeter and it stayed 0.

Tonight I am going to try changing the wiring to hook the pca pwm pins to a bread board with LEDs to see if I am getting anything coming through it.
Please start your own build thread, it will help us getting all the relevant data at one place, it’s likely to get lost in this giant thread. Post your build image , circuit details etc in that thread

stefanm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im still wondering why it didnt work in mobile

Really baffled me, I spent a good 4 hours trying to figure it out and nada, anyway I've set the router to a static IP address for the pi so now it'll come up without issue on my mobile browser. I use android are you using an iPhone @Ranjib ?

bishoptf

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really baffled me, I spent a good 4 hours trying to figure it out and nada, anyway I've set the router to a static IP address for the pi so now it'll come up without issue on my mobile browser. I use android are you using an iPhone @Ranjib ?

What kind of router are you using, I just always register dhcp addresses in dns, lots of ways to do things, if you give me the model of your router I will take a peak and see what your options are.

Bigtrout

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What kind of router are you using, I just always register dhcp addresses in dns, lots of ways to do things, if you give me the model of your router I will take a peak and see what your options are.
Im using an asus router and I dont get anything come up when I use the http://myreefpi.local either, but if i drop the .local, and just use http://myreefpi it works...maybe try dropping the .local?

May be how your router handles local dns queries

theatrus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On my network, I have to use http://reef-pi.lan from my windows machines, but reef-pi.local from the Mac...

The local aliases depend on a lot of variables to make things work, and it may not work correctly in some cases - good tip on the .lan suffix for Windows!

Even though its not very friendly and subject to changes, you can always use the the IP address of the Pi directly (which you can set to static so it doesn't change).

bishoptf

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The local aliases depend on a lot of variables to make things work, and it may not work correctly in some cases - good tip on the .lan suffix for Windows!

Even though its not very friendly and subject to changes, you can always use the the IP address of the Pi directly (which you can set to static so it doesn't change).

Yeah I was trying to think of something easy but with so many router types just not sure there is anything that is super easy. If running a open source router there are a lot more options that are pretty easy.

theatrus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I was trying to think of something easy but with so many router types just not sure there is anything that is super easy. If running a open source router there are a lot more options that are pretty easy.

I tell dhcpd to do DNS registrations. Works great except for my TV which announces its self as `localhost.localdomain`. o_O

Zekth

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I think i may have to work on this part of the documentation. DNS resolution is not a common thing for everyone.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 39.4%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 16 24.2%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.0%
Back