reef-pi :: An opensource reef tank controller based on Raspberry Pi.

ReeferLou

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you notice the API for PH reading does not return the same current value that is on the Dashboard? Temp is OK, but ph seems to be an old value when using:
curl -b cookie.txt http://0.0.0.0:80/api/phprobes/{2}/read
Actually, the PH value using the API seem to be continently .07 less than the dashboard - is this a known bug?

ReeferLou

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not that I’m aware of. I can check the code, if it’s due to calibration
In my testing The readings command does return the proper array including last values of both current and historical- but something seems off with the read only, I was thinking missing cal offset too. Thanks.

OP
OP
Ranjib

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not sure why that driver blew a mosfet. I have a replacement, but haven't fixed it.

Overall they are working fine. I added a second set of those same lights to my nem tank and the blue channel on it blinks for about 3 minutes at the end of the cycle when they are ramping down. Not sure why.
overcurrent? curious, are you using 2x of required capacity of that mosfet?

OP
OP
Ranjib

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone tried "spoofing" a sensor and using a physical button/switch to trigger a macro?

Basically looking at making a push-button feed mode and a push-button or two some some equipment.
I have used the file driver to do something like that , for my model rail road setup.

ReeferLou

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How did you implement it?
I used a digital input using the INLETS Connector Pi17 pin - it under the ATO feature. I use it for a skimmer overflow sensor but this would work for a switch to trigger a MACRO I believe. You may need to hold it for 2 seconds or so but good to debounce anyway.

AbjectMaelstroM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I used a digital input using the INLETS Connector Pi17 pin - it under the ATO feature. I use it for a skimmer overflow sensor but this would work for a switch to trigger a MACRO I believe. You may need to hold it for 2 seconds or so but good to debounce anyway.
The check frequency on the sensor would have to be quite high, like 2-3 seconds to register the button press.

May have to play with it.

Des Westcott

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone tried "spoofing" a sensor and using a physical button/switch to trigger a macro?

Basically looking at making a push-button feed mode and a push-button or two some some equipment.
Yes. I have tried exactly that using the ATO function - No bueno / Werk nie lekker nie / Ai lunga gahle

I can get that configuration to trigger a Macro with only one step. As soon as the macro is more complex, it doesn't work. For example, if the macro just turns a system on or off, it works, but won't run a multi-step macro like my "Feed" one.

I've written a detailed post previously on my experiments with this - I'll try find it.

Would be really cool if this was possible.

AbjectMaelstroM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yes. I have tried exactly that using the ATO function - No bueno / Werk nie lekker nie / Ai lunga gahle

I can get that configuration to trigger a Macro with only one step. As soon as the macro is more complex, it doesn't work. For example, if the macro just turns a system on or off, it works, but won't run a multi-step macro like my "Feed" one.

I've written a detailed post previously on my experiments with this - I'll try find it.

Dang. That's a shame.

OP
OP
Ranjib

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Yes, share it please. I can try debugging it.
Next release will have some timer improvements that should simplify things further

Kurtzisa

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I have a little problem with 4.1 version, how can I change the colour in the dashboard graph? because the line is white on a white background.

I'm using Roberto Buti Ph board, two for ph probe and one for redox probe , sometimes I found a reading error. every 5 minutes I check the value, it's because i'm reading on i2c at the same time? or because the baud rate is too fast?

bishoptf

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

+1 I'd really like to have the same thing, too lazy to get phone out etc for feeding. I was thinking along the same lines with the ATO function like a switch, will have to see if there are any other alternatives that I can think of.

elysics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there any possibility of getting a interrupt based button functionality in reefpi? Maybe one that just writes into some variable that is then caught later by polling or something?
Catching button presses with polling is either really annoying to use or unnecessarily complicated hardware or cpu utilization wise.

Thought about doing a button/switch board too recently but it doesn't seem all to feasible currently

attiland

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 I'd really like to have the same thing, too lazy to get phone out etc for feeding. I was thinking along the same lines with the ATO function like a switch, will have to see if there are any other alternatives that I can think of.
I would use file-analog input for this and a phyton script. Python to monitor the button an file analog to feed in to reef-pi. Actually you could use 2 input file so the next scheduled feed would be disabled for a certain amount of time.

ReeferLou

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would use file-analog input for this and a phyton script. Python to monitor the button an file analog to feed in to reef-pi. Actually you could use 2 input file so the next scheduled feed would be disabled for a certain amount of time.
Interesting idea, What about python to read the input and then use the API to run the macro? You can call the API from the same python script. See my post a few pages back from an example.

http://youraddress/api/macros/{id}/run

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 32 34.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 20 21.3%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 9.6%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 25 26.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.2%
Back