Reef-PI build thread, go big or go home

Michael Lane

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could you try checking the voltage on the appropriate pin while manually manipulating the float switch? You should see it switch between near 0 and ~3 volts. Also make sure you have the ATO configured for GPIO 18 and 27.

upload_2019-2-1_22-16-38.png

OP
OP
Tristanzs

Tristanzs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks again man, that should help quite a bit moving forward. I'm almost done really just waiting on a few parts and a price on the PH boards I'm wanting to utilize.

OP
OP
Tristanzs

Tristanzs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok just so I don't make another simple mistake with my temp sensors, which GPIO pins are the three temp sensors associated with lol.

Michael Lane

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a trick question!
It's wired to GPIO4, but it uses the 1-wire protocol. The temp sensors all share that bus.

OP
OP
Tristanzs

Tristanzs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so I'm clear I just setup all temp sensors as GPIO 4 and they will read individually because of the 1-wire protocol?

OP
OP
Tristanzs

Tristanzs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's as close to top of the line as you can get without spending over 1k on a processor. It'll run anything in the world at very high settings and look like a cool mini fridge doing it. Needed a case that big to handle the dual water cooling loops that are utilizing radiators that hold 4 140mm fans each. It' also happens to have more programmable RGB than the manufacturer of the motherboard supports natively.

OP
OP
Tristanzs

Tristanzs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a small update, got my ULN2803 in the mail and soldered it inline to control the last 8 outlets. Finally received my connectors for the temp sensors and they aren't the correct type. Placed a new order tonight to replace them, this time I made sure and ordered ones that had prime shipping so no more waiting a month for parts. Went ahead and got 1 temp sensor working for testing purposes and everything seems fine I'll just need to attach a plug to it once they arrive. Still have dosing and my PH board to do but waiting on various things before I order more parts.

OP
OP
Tristanzs

Tristanzs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I'm almost done I think, at least until my buddy gets around to 3d printing my custom enclosure. Small problem with my temp sensors however, they where fully functional and reading accurately until I unplugged them while the system was still running to mount the connector on the side of my box. Now I can't find either sensor. I've cleared all errors and rebooted a couple times. Checked to ensure I didn't damage the soldered parts while installing. Tried different ports on my hat. No idea why my sensors are no longer showing up. Also finally recieved my stand offs to mount the relays with, which had been bothering me since they are running 110.

20190209_190258.jpg

20190209_190251.jpg

20190209_190301.jpg

Bigtrout

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did u hot plug and unplug with stereo jacks for the temp sensors? Thats the prob with stereo jacks they short the wrong things when plugging and unpluging.

Try deleting all temp sensors in reef pi, then reboot and rebuild ur temp sensors and see if that helps.

I think you can ssh into raspberry pi and see if the sensors are there with a command line...if they are present it just may be that hotplugging with stereo jacks may have took down ur pi and caused a data corruption

OP
OP
Tristanzs

Tristanzs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hot plugged with vnc connectors but yeah I just shut it down to install the permanent power plug in the box. I have already deleted all of the temp sensors in the reef pi. Perhaps shutting it down for an extended period and allowing all of the power to dissipate. If I did cause data corruption I guess I'll need to reinstall the OS and reef pi?

Bigtrout

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Screenshot_20190209-205755_ConnectBot.jpg

Ssh into the pi and issue this command

ls /sys/bus/w1/devices/

It should list the sensors if the hardware is good

It should list the serial numbers of all devices connected as one wire
They will be listed as 28-xxxx where xxx is the serial numbers if thats ok then its probably a reef pi corruption issue

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 76 44.4%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 79 46.2%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 16 9.4%
Back