OP
Mendeln

Mendeln

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Ranjib i found the Auto feeder using reef-pi API (in python) sample script and hope that this brings me a step further ;Bookworm

in the meantime i have finished the 230V rail and added the temp probe to the pi (sry no pics) but the probe is working

20190218_132810.jpg

20190218_132836.jpg

next steps are
adjust the psu to 5.1v
add the pi and my pcb
configure the strompi and test it with the lipo
mount the second temp probe above the relays to log the temperature in the box
cut the lid in half and use the bottom half to mount the rj9 connectors for temp and the two water level sensors
profit :D

OP
OP
Mendeln

Mendeln

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
next steps are
adjust the psu to 5.1v ... check
add the pi and my pcb ... check
configure the strompi and test it with the lipo ... check
cut the lid in half and use the bottom half to mount the rj9 connectors for temp and the two water level sensors

the strompi works great. the switching between psu and lipo is fast enough so that the pi noticed nothing
the Non-contact Liquid Level Sensor XKC-Y25-T12V works out of the box like the prisma ones. it's a bit tricky to mount them with the right gap though

whats left is a little bit soldering, the mounting of the rj9 connectors and the api thing...

20190226_101938.jpg

20190226_101923.jpg

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
next steps are
adjust the psu to 5.1v ... check
add the pi and my pcb ... check
configure the strompi and test it with the lipo ... check

the strompi works great. the switching between psu and lipo is fast enough so that the pi noticed nothing
the Non-contact Liquid Level Sensor XKC-Y25-T12V works out of the box like the prisma ones. it's a bit tricky to mount them with the right gap though

whats left is a little bit soldering, the mounting of the rj9 connectors and the api thing...

20190226_101938.jpg

20190226_101923.jpg

Very nice!

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really like the storm pi integration, it adds so much relatability to the whole setup. Is it open hardware ? I know @Roberto_b is also interested in building something similar. From what I understand it takes a fortune to do something like this for the commercial controllers

theatrus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really like the storm pi integration, it adds so much relatability to the whole setup. Is it open hardware ? I know @Roberto_b is also interested in building something similar. From what I understand it takes a fortune to do something like this for the commercial controllers

The OTS solutions are far too expensive IMO. I run my Vortech and Vectra pumps off of a large 12V 100Ah lead acid cell with the controllers built in support for battery backup. The Battery In A Box EcoTech sells is far too expensive for what it is. Since power really doesn’t go out here I just need circulation and water movement backup.

OP
OP
Mendeln

Mendeln

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it seems like you can buy the Strompi only in germany and france. this onlineshop ships world wide https://www.computeruniverse.net/en/
if the main power fails only the pi (which send an alert email) and my two temperature sensors are online, no heater and no pump

OP
OP
Mendeln

Mendeln

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
its-over-its-ixown6.jpg

Haha I'm back
The macros are working now and I don't want to touch this ever again...
I had some trouble with my sensor connections. The temperature sensors read -1°C, so I build the whole temp sensor connection with a breadboard, hook it up and now it's running fine. I think I leave it there...

Thank you all so much for the help and inspiration.

Married_to_fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The OTS solutions are far too expensive IMO. I run my Vortech and Vectra pumps off of a large 12V 100Ah lead acid cell with the controllers built in support for battery backup. The Battery In A Box EcoTech sells is far too expensive for what it is. Since power really doesn’t go out here I just need circulation and water movement backup.
Hey there I was looking to do something similar (deep cycle marine battery), but I was wondering if you managed to control your vectras with the Reef Pi?

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 22 29.7%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 27 36.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 25.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back