Reef Radiance led light..OMG..What a light....

REEF RADIANCE

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Everyone,

We have been waiting for months for a replacement controller for the LUMENTEK lights. We had a very small percentage go bad and have been working with the factory to get a replacement that passes all our testing in the field and in our office. We sent our 3 controllers to people in the field and are waiting to hear back from them. The good news is that the unit we put in a LUMENTEK PRO 240 in our office is performing perfectly for the last week and we are purposefully trying to do everything we can do to make it fail. So far so good. If we hear similar results from the users in the field - we will send out an email to the customers who have an issue with their controller and get everyone set up with a new replacement controller. We expect to have a final decision in the next week or so - and will be letting everyone know both by email and posts on this forum.

We appreciate everyone's patience in this matter.

Rick

REEF RADIANCE

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Rick - I am very surprised - we test every light that goes out with the latest test equipment available - including an oscilloscope - and for one to go out right after it gets back is very strange. Is this a 2013 or 2014 model DM-155e?

Rick

chicagobears2010

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Rick - I am very surprised - we test every light that goes out with the latest test equipment available - including an oscilloscope - and for one to go out right after it gets back is very strange. Is this a 2013 or 2014 model DM-155e?

Rick

Was bought November 2013..and repaired under warranty a week ago

pickupman66

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Everyone,

We have been waiting for months for a replacement controller for the LUMENTEK lights. We had a very small percentage go bad and have been working with the factory to get a replacement that passes all our testing in the field and in our office. We sent our 3 controllers to people in the field and are waiting to hear back from them. The good news is that the unit we put in a LUMENTEK PRO 240 in our office is performing perfectly for the last week and we are purposefully trying to do everything we can do to make it fail. So far so good. If we hear similar results from the users in the field - we will send out an email to the customers who have an issue with their controller and get everyone set up with a new replacement controller. We expect to have a final decision in the next week or so - and will be letting everyone know both by email and posts on this forum.

Rick

Great news Rick! look forward to seeing it.

427HISS

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Everyone,

Rick

Good news Rick !

To all of us, Rick has never failed to come through, so like he said, we just need more patience.
He's not a big,....business like others (but soon) and he has an overload of work and shipping to do.

A little change in the thread.

What percentages are you guys running your blues and why ?

REEF RADIANCE

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good news Rick !

To all of us, Rick has never failed to come through, so like he said, we just need more patience.
He's not a big,....business like others (but soon) and he has an overload of work and shipping to do.

A little change in the thread.

What percentages are you guys running your blues and why ?

Hey Hiss,

Thanks for this - I appreciate your kind words. Truly - one of the things I struggle with is company growth. We are growing very rapidly ( sales ) and I really want to bring on more help to ensure that any communication from ALL customers gets the fastest response possible. The challenge is by adding staff - we would have to add costs to our lights and our mission statement has always been to get the best lights out to fellow hobbyists for the best prices.

We have streamlined many of our logistic flows and are almost caught up with inventory - in other words - having even the P+ in stock - something that was impossible a month ago - since the factory could not keep up with the sales we gave them.

This is really exciting and we have a few projects in the works that will change aquarium lighting forever.

I cannot tell you more - but stay tuned.

Once again - thanks for being a Reef Radiance customer.

Rick

Last edited:

kfoerster

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I received my 165p+ today, so excited! Thank you Rick and Reef Radiance. Turned it on and immediately was able to connect to the light using my android phone. I am new to the hobby and this is my first tank, 60G cube. I plan to have soft coral to begin with and maybe over time some SPS. Can someone recommend a custom template for my tank and needs? Also, what is the recommended distance from water I should hang the light? Any help is greatly appreciated.

miamiangler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

kfoerster

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

MdgtRac

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reef Radiance, If i were to purchase a nano 60, would it be enough coverage for a 12g nano cube with about 7lbs live rock in the display? Mostly lps and some sps. Thankyou very much, Zack

Adam316

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone or can you take out the hanging eyelet from the light housing on these lights?

Attachments

• 1423427984325.jpg
    1423427984325.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 286

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 39.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 21.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back