Reef Radiance Lumentek 240! HOLY SMOKES!

Hlmarlowe

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got my new light from Reef Radiance and let me just say this, It is built like a tank, beautiful coloring and my somewhat dead frags are coming right back within 30 mins of turning on. It was well packaged, well built, checked over thoroughly by Reef Radiance in a 23 point inspection of functionality. Had great customer service and am very happy with my purchase! One photo I am posting is my old t8 lights showing the difference. Enjoy all!
image_11.jpg
image_10.jpg
image_9.jpg
image_8.jpg
image_7.jpg

OP
OP
Hlmarlowe

Hlmarlowe

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will do on the updates! All of my coral are still frag size so it will be from beggining to colony! My tank is just a standard 55g. Will also post pics of when I get the light hung from a diy conduit hanger I am building.

TJ's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
SWEEEEET! Also very impressed with this LED lighting line overall, a LOT of BANG for the buck. Looking forward to your updates.

Cheers, Todd

OP
OP
Hlmarlowe

Hlmarlowe

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome on the 220! Will be an awesome build! These lights just wow me. I will take some updated photos when I'm back from the holiday huddle and see what things are looking like!

CKI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats on your purchase! I run the Lumentek 120s and love em! Cant wait to see more pics

SmokeyNite

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had my 240 for about a little more than a month, and its great! The only problem is that I am starting to get a lot of algae growth. There's so many ways to set the lights and I don't have any idea what percentage of each channel I should set and for how long. Rick has been great with all my questions so far. I just need to get the right settings!! Any one have any ideas or suggestions??

OP
OP
Hlmarlowe

Hlmarlowe

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well sorry guys I have forgotten about this thread. So much has happened since original post. My Lum. 240 actually had to be sent back because of a bad controller in it (having some glitches) and I have been waiting a while to get it back. Ended up tearing down my tank due to a upcoming move but I think I will be upgrading to a 150g and maybe snagging another one of these fixtures. Will do a build thread and post progress here as well! Hope you all are enjoying your lights!

OP
OP
Hlmarlowe

Hlmarlowe

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So this thread is still going here. It has taken me forever and a day to get back in the swing of things but I finally got my light back a month ago. My salty operation has been on hold with a move transition and such but I am setting up a 29g cube in just a week. The "repaired" fixture will be going on a Deep Blue Professional 120g or 150g XH. Does anyone have any experience with them? My local store raves about them and I trust them. Cant wait to put this powerhouse over some coral again. I also noticed Reef Radiance stopped offering this line? Anyone know what that is about?

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 112 74.2%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 9.9%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 10 6.6%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 4 2.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.3%

Back