Reef Raft (RR) Jaw Dropper Acro

dknuckles

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are permits for both sides that are only available to licensed individuals. Not sure they have an import/export license I believe they use another individual. As for eceiving, a licensed individual has to meet w/ Fish and Wildlife and review the shipment to verify coral matches paperwork.
Lastly, cities are available for colonies not frags.

greg0385

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I emailed RR in cananda about shipping to the US awhile back. I got email stating they could but only limited to once a month and no free shipping plus you pay the shipping charges

Sent Via the R2R Forum APP

jtomasi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seems like a one-time large scale buy might be realistic....

Waynel333

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seems like a one-time large scale buy might be realistic....

That is my idea too. Logistically, I think it would be easier to have a single buy and shipment down here to the US. Let the acros acclimate and settle in for like a week or two and then distribute it to those who want to participate.

I think the obvious things that need to be considered is that this will not be a cheap venture considering the additional shipping and permit fees. Nor is it guaranteed if for any reason the package is delayed because of inspection, weather, etc. So there are some definite inherit risks, but for those who can stomach it...just think about the rewards :)

bct15

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know RR USA sps prices have gotten insane, almost the cost of chalices...which isn't justified IMO because SPS grow twenty times faster than chalices. They do have some of the nicest sticks around, but 350 for a not wysiwyg 1/2 inch frag without free shipping is a tad but high. I can't foresee prices staying that high.

Is RR canada price that high? I remember a while back when I made a purchase from them (before my crash) before RR USA in their big group buy thing and there prices were competitive with other dealers, 80-200 for a 1-1.25 inch frag. I'd be willing to group up with some folks on a RR canada buy if the prices are not to bad, or they do a package price.

I remember it took about four months to get the shipments to the us though...I think they got hung up a the border and turned around twice, even with proper paperwork.

Sent Via the R2R Forum APP

Last edited:

jtomasi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure what the US prices are but I got a fully encrusted 1.5inch frag of RR Pink Floyd for $120. I know he advertises the Orange Passion for $200 an inch and avengers for $250 an inch (advertises $150 for pink floyd). Same guy I sent the picture to in Canada. That said, I dont think its too far of a stretch to say that it would be cheaper directly from RR Canada with a larger scale order....middle guys usually try to make a little bit of money right, lol.

Ike

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it's funny how many many people in the GTA generally have nothing positive to say about Reef Raft and won't shop there, yet people here want to go to great lengths to buy some photoshopped frags from Reef Raft Asia that don't even exist in Canada. It seems to be a case of wanting what you can't have and/or grass is greener syndrome.

I've been there, I've seen the corals, they did have some very nice wild colonies with some great colors. Those are some of the famous ones you guys know. I also know that most of those colonies were lost and don't know of anyone that has been able to grow out frags from those colonies and have them resemble anything near what you see in the photos. I'm sure the acro that started this thread is quite nice. I'm also quite sure it's a frag from a wild colony, is blasted with blue light, tweaked as a photo and probably won't keep it's color.

Last edited:

jtomasi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tough part is that I dont think RR anywhere has colonies of these anymore. I could be wrong but the only thing available might be 5 1 inch frags or whatever...

jtomasi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it's funny how many many people in the GTA generally have nothing positive to say about Reef Raft and won't shop there, yet people here want to go to great lengths to buy some photoshopped frags from Reef Raft Asia that don't even exist in Canada. It seems to be a case of wanting what you can't have and/or grass is greener syndrome. I've been there, I've seen the corals, they did have some very nice wild colonies with some great colors. Those are some of the famous ones you guys know. I also know that most of those colonies were lost and don't know of anyone that has been able to grow out frags from those colonies and have them resemble anything near what you see in the photos. I'm sure the acro that started this thread is quite nice. I'm also quite sure it's a frag from a wild colony, is blasted with blue light, tweaked as a photo and probably won't keep it's color.

....sad to say I cant argue against that. I have only talked with a couple of people that have seen these in real life so I dont have first hand knowledge.

Ike

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure what the US prices are but I got a fully encrusted 1.5inch frag of RR Pink Floyd for $120. I know he advertises the Orange Passion for $200 an inch and avengers for $250 an inch (advertises $150 for pink floyd). Same guy I sent the picture to in Canada. That said, I dont think its too far of a stretch to say that it would be cheaper directly from RR Canada with a larger scale order....middle guys usually try to make a little bit of money right, lol.

Most frags like avengers, wolverine, gold stick, some of the acros that put RR on the map were 100-185. Again, I believe all of those colonies were lost and I'm not sure if they've been able to recapture that color with what frags they may have had (they didn't have any backup colonies/frags that I saw when was there) or been able to get back from customers.

jtomasi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Someone should start a "What Happened to your RR Stick" thread. A couple of weeks ago I went through every thread on this forum and another forum and asked people who said they had the Orange Passion at one time or another and none of them still had it. Most were full tank issues, some were single acro deterioration. However, they ALL said that it looks like the pictures online. Who knows anymore, I have frags of some "rare" stuff in my tank and see people post pictures of the same thing that are soo over-saturated it makes me want to puke. Wish the mods would let people voice their opinion about certain sellers, as it relates to photo enhancement at least.

colorfan45

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Used to get lots of things from them. Thats where Diamonds in the Reef(Clint) used to score from. Never saw a coral thats colors were the same as the pics Jensen sent. Made a huge order from RR Canada 4 years ago and it was a huge undertaking. A lot goes into getting just gettin the permits and meeting with the fish and wildlife people. Worked with Jensen while he was there and it wasnt worth it. Cant speak for Jay because I never dealt with him but his pics look a little suspect also.

Reef4reef

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here you go :))
image.jpg
my one

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 44 20.4%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 159 73.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 4.6%
Back