Reef Ready VS EShopps Prodigy L

BillB83

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Long story short I am not using my 125 for my reef due to space im setting up a 120 gallon. I already have a Prodigy L overflow and I have drilled plenty of tanks to not be concerned about doing it again.

My question is if i went with a reef ready tank with the durso setup would I have the ability to silence the overflow sound like i can with bean animals i have never owned a durso setup all my setups are overflow boxes.

The tank will be pushed up against a wall so access to the plumbing once its back there will be hard to get to without draining the tank so the idea of a reef ready is sounding pretty good. The one thing i do not like about the internal reef ready tank is how much room the corner overflow weir takes up inside the tank and how you can see it from the side which will be one of the viewing sides of the tank where its going to go.

Any input on these two setups would be helpful

Thanks
Bill

TX_REEF

Kessil Fanboy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Center rear overflow could be an option, my reefer 350 g2 has that and it doesn’t obscure view from any side.
IMG_2776.jpeg

TangerineSpeedo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On my 40 I run a Prodigy M. I love it! I am putting one on a modified IM25 lagoon for a frag tank. What I love most about it, is the lovely box it came in... JK. But really how little room inside the tank it takes up. As far as noise I don't hear it. I hear my RS170... but if there is some noise it just falls into the Din of my other 4 tanks

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 32 16.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 116 58.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.6%
Back