Reef Safe 3D Printer Filament (Ultimaker Material list attached)

psumms

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 11, 2019
Messages
189
Reaction score
124
Location
United Kingdom
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, my son has a 3D printer and a couple of ideas for aquarium related products - One of which is in-water. Does anyone have any reef-safe 3D printing knowledge? I've attached a filament list of the Ultimaker compatible materials, from reading through, the CPE/PET, being FDA food safe would be the obvious choice but, does that absolutely confirm nothing will leach?
 

Attachments

You need to go with PETG for the filament, this is reef safe and easy to find :)

Happy Printing!
 
OK thanks @ScottW - glad I checked, CPE/PET apparently is a completely different chemical composition to PETG!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 28.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 12.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new