Reef safe ich treatments

TheRealDmorty217

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm curious. Does anyone know what's in this stuff? Since FW and Marine Ich are 2 totally different parasites, I'm guessing it's something that boosts fish immunity or resistance?
Snake oil. They don’t list any ingredients. There I no such thing as 100% reef safe ich treatment

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Snake oil. They don’t list any ingredients. There I no such thing as 100% reef safe ich treatment
I'm sure it probably does *something* (that's what I'm curious about) since people see results of a sort, but I agree with you that there's no reef safe treatment that kills ich. So it's definitely not killing the parasite. I'm guessing it masks the symptoms by boosting fish's slime coat or something.

Ippyroy

Defeater of Dinos
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
welcome_1.jpg

CollinFDB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sure it probably does *something* (that's what I'm curious about) since people see results of a sort, but I agree with you that there's no reef safe treatment that kills ich. So it's definitely not killing the parasite. I'm guessing it masks the symptoms by boosting fish's slime coat or something.

I registered just to reply to this lol
I read somewhere it has something in it that makes the ich not able to swim so new ich cant reach your fish. Its a 14 day treatment i believe. Ill check after work

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I registered just to reply to this lol
I read somewhere it has something in it that makes the ich not able to swim so new ich cant reach your fish. Its a 14 day treatment i believe. Ill check after work
Welcome to Reef2Reef! We're glad you're here! Thanks for taking time to answer my post. :)

van7271

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Feed them well. Add a little garlic soak to the food (don’t know if it has any effect but my fish liked it) Prayer and time. Seriously if the other fish are eating well it helps them stave off illness.

CollinFDB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef! We're glad you're here! Thanks for taking time to answer my post. :)
No problem. Its about time i made a new account. Ive been lurking the site everyday for around a year.
Btw it said it on the bottle interrupts ich free swimming stage, just read it on my bottle.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 29 27.4%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 33.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 33 31.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 7 6.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.9%
Back