Reef salt

Hilltopreef90

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m switching to a new reef salt and was curious why many use Red Sea salt in the blue bucket instead of the coral pro reef salt
I have mostly soft corals and lps corals, I don’t plan to try growing sps corals

Fishyfish22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I’m switching to a new reef salt and was curious why many use Red Sea salt in the blue bucket instead of the coral pro reef salt
I have mostly soft corals and lps corals, I don’t plan to try growing sps corals
If you're not doing SPS you probably won't need the elevates alk, Ca, and Mg from the pro bucket. Though your LPS will still need it to form skeleton.

I personally use the pro, I love how fast an clear it mixes

Tuan’s Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
The Coral Pro salt has elevated levels of elements. Alk is also higher. If you have softies and lps, i would stick with the blue bucket. I believe the Coral pro salt is better suited for water changes in a densely populated coral tank.

DanM1029

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Perhaps if you used the pro salt, you might not need to really dose much or at all? Any time you do a water change it will just plus up your alk and keep it in a range that good for those softies and lps?

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Buy what ever salt is cheap and available. They're all just about the same thing. Much easier and cheaper to dose as needed vs using a salt to manage parameters.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 167 62.1%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 70 26.0%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 93 34.6%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 46 17.1%
  • Other

Votes: 70 26.0%
Back