Reef Spotlight - June 2012 - "Darryl_V"

  • Thread starter Thread starter swannyson7
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Hello Darryl,

Congrats on being the reef tank spotlight for June 2012!!!!!

Yours is one of two tanks that I keep track of in the forums (the other being "the reef in the sky" located in Hong Kong).

Were all your SPS colonies grown from frags?
Not all but definitely most. Thanks for following my progress!

Congrats on a very deserved spotlight.
Love the colors and how healthy your corals look.
thanks...
 
spectacular tank! I could only hope to accomplish something like that down the road. Your dedication to the hobby is fully displayed.
 
Congratulations Darryl! It's a spectacular tank and well deserving of this honor. BTW your Maxima is GORGEOUS! :clap2:
 
Congrats Darryl, def well deserved. I've always admired your tank and quality of care.
 
Congrats this is a beautiful tank amazing colors as well, well deserve honors
 
Congratulations, simply stunning, it is gorgeous, I also use IO salt, do you use Reef Crystals or the regular IO ?
 
Thank you all!


Thanks. I just use regular IO. I like to save my money for corals>! :)
That is great news for me :) $$$ save thanks for the info. For me personally that all the proof i need to switch from reef crystals to IO regular. I started with IO and will probably finish this hobby with IO, I have used many salt mixes and IO is the best. If you can also tell me what methods you use for how many gallons of RO to boost mg and ca ? Thanks again.
 
That is great news for me :) $$$ save thanks for the info. For me personally that all the proof i need to switch from reef crystals to IO regular. I started with IO and will probably finish this hobby with IO, I have used many salt mixes and IO is the best. If you can also tell me what methods you use for how many gallons of RO to boost mg and ca ? Thanks again.

I do a 40g water change every two weeks. I dont bother bumping up the ca and mg. I test alk,ca and mg at the beginning of every month and bump up the values if need be at that time. The tank usually hovers between 7-8dkh, 360-420ppm ca, and 1100-1300ppm mg.
 
I do a 40g water change every two weeks. I dont bother bumping up the ca and mg. I test alk,ca and mg at the beginning of every month and bump up the values if need be at that time. The tank usually hovers between 7-8dkh, 360-420ppm ca, and 1100-1300ppm mg.
Thanks darryl, I alredy made the switch and following your path, simple and cost effective with great results. Perfect !!!!
 
Most enjoyable. Well done Darryl! Your tank is an inspiration. I like your taste in Acropora especially. I've been enjoying (along with many others) your top down photos for a quite a while now! Keep it up.

A few questions;
-What type of lighting fixture are you running?
-How often do you change your halide bulbs? and have you been running those XM's for a while now?
-Do you use the high capacity or the granular GFO?

Thanks.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 7 53.8%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 5 38.5%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new