Reef Supplements - Dosing

chet31

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi People,

I'm trying to get the latest update on Brands/Type of Reef Supplements used by fellow reefers for auto-dosing in a SPS/LPS combo tanks.

For this discussion, please exclude the normal Calcium, Alk and Mg liquids, and 10% to 20% water changes.

Read a lot of discussions and on different sites but they were from some time ago. If there is a newer thread, please point me to it :) I hope to ask this question on other sites as I want as much input as possible. I'm not sure if this thread will lead to a 'best' product conclusion but I'm hoping it does. Makes things easier for people who are starting off in this hobby.

Appreciate your inputs.

Alfrareef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now that I've reduced heavily PO4 and NO3 just with PO4x4 and siporax I'm trying Aquaforest ABVE for 2 weeks and I start to see more polips and grow on some acros, montis and seriatoporas.
The main reason for this choice was results and cost. The drawback it's the daily dropping.

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FWIW, I've not heard of many people autodosing much more than that. Organic carbon, but I don't consider that dosing.

What supplements do you use now? Most things like trace elements do not need frequent dosing.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 33 33.3%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 21 21.2%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 9.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 6.1%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 27 27.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.0%
Back